Climbing partner wanted for June 9

Thinker

Looking for a climbing partner for the June 9 Rainier Climb.

I need a stalwart partner who's not camera shy or afraid of getting trashed online by multiple psychotic personalities after the event. We'll be speed slogging, but I want to be roped up...and your harness HAS to have a belay loop, and your boots CAN'T be those wimpy designer boots.

A big plus if you've got a couple of St. Bernards that can tow us up when nobody is watching. Bigger plus if you really know how to use a GPS so we can triple verify to the nth degree our route and make pretty charts when we're done.

Annabelle said she'd stop by my tent the night before to give me some 'encouragement'. I'll be willing to share if you promise to be the crevasse poodle the next day and promise to steel wool the rust off my crampons during the ride home.

I'm willing to share the prize money with you if we win, too. How's a 80/20 split sound?

PS--I have a super-secret strategy for winning this thing...PM me for details if you're seriously interested.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif

i'll go but you're going to have to carry my windshirt if i get warm

SWEET! Annabelle's been telling me how much she wants to meet you. Maybe she'll stick around for a little post-climb hot tubbing at the lodge with us.

sounds fabulous. i know it's a speed ascent and all but do you think we'll have time to stop at the muir hut? btw- just can't wait to "meet" annabelle