spickard/ depot creek

geordie

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I'm a seasonal ranger. No I'm a Seattle Native, raised in Olympia.

Now a gripe. This bulletin board is beginning to look like a PG13 version of the mountaineers bbs. Someone asks a question and the community feels like they have to answer even if they have little to say. The Captain and Colonel Crags of this world have made this site amusing, but they're really a turn off to many climbers who could find this site useful.

If you want to argue this point, open a new thread. If you want to find out more about me, send me an e-mailk. Spickard deserves better.

I've heard of people going up depot creek in april or may to ski, in fact it's listed in John Baldwin's ski guide to the Coast range as a trip. a potential problem is the road around Chilliwack Lake is often rough or trashed every winter by weather, you may not be able to drive it very far. check with BC provincial parks re: road status. if it's too warm you'll have a interesting problem with the waterfall!