Airport security

Alasdair

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in 1999 and 2000 I flew to & from Wenatchee a few times each summer. Was doing stream/creek surveys on the eastside of the mountains at the time. we generally tried to avoid checking luggage, to save time... and some of the stuff in our carry-ons were fancy electronic gizmos with wires and stuff... flow meter, hi-tech GPS, etc.

about half of the times we went thru security in Seatac, they carefully examined our bags and asked us about the equipment... but then some times they didn't even blink an eye. so one day I got kinda freaked out by it all, and asked to speak to the manager... I was hoping to talk to someone from Port of Seattle, but instead met with some schmoe from like "Acme Security" or some shit like that.

so I basically tell him, "look, I don't know what level of scrutiny is standard for this kind of equipment, but JUST SO YOU KNOW, there's a reeaally wide range of diligence among the security screeners at this airport...."

he didn't seem that concerened by the whole matter, but he said he'd log my comment or something.

pitty.gif

My brother, an airline pilot out of Atlanta, had HIS lighter taken from him before boarding to fly the jet. HE asked the confiscating officer, "so are you gonna come into the cockpit and confiscate my Crash Axe and my flare gun? And what about my hands... I can use these babies to steer the plane right into the ground?" The dimwit said he was just following the rules.

Archenemy rocks no matter the gender.