Airport security

Alasdair

You have to love our unbelivably ineffective airport security. Flying out of Anchorage yesterday for a flight to Seattle, i get stopped at the gate security check point. Due to Alaska airline 50lb weight limit my carry on is packed full of random bits of climbing gear. After being patted down and searched by the gate dude, I am asked if they can search my bag. I agree because I have no choice. They first pull out a bunch of smelly clothing which I kind of chuckle at and comment "that smells a bit, sorry about that". Next they pull out a bunch other random shit (cammera, film, ipod) and they find a cigarette lighter. They confiscate the dangerous item, and then place my bag back through the xray. Still not good enough so they continue searching. By this time I am getting a bit bored with the whole thing. Next they pull out my piss bottle. I anouce in a loud voice to the guy I am with "Hey Gordy! They found my piss bottle" Just so they know what they are getting into. Fairly unimpressed, the guy puts the piss bottle down and continues searching. Finally they find my bag with extra crampon front points, a 3.5 inch long cresent wrench, and an allen wrench. The guy takes the wrenches out of the bag and informs me that tools of any sort are not allowed in my carry on. He then takes my 3 inch brand new (sharp) crampon points an puts them back in my bag. In the end I was not able to stab the pilot and hijack the plane because they took the allen wrench I was planning on doing it with. Damn! Next time maybe.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, I thought Snugtop, then Icegirl, then Minx.

Now, I suspect that Archenemy is an undercover snaffle bent on the destruction of cc.com and all that is good in the world.

I have a narrow list of suspects.

2labmice.gif

animation_ren-stimpy1.gif

well cause...well it's highly unlikely.

but you don't really know for sure now do you???

jeezus does "highly unlikely" mean "know for sure". No, it does not. But I would say there is maybe a 1 in 10 chance that someone here is wearing a polished mirrored helmet.

not bads are they? 1 in 10 is more than the number of women you've met that remember you the next day.