Darrington

My partner and I attempted the Blueberry Route on Exfoliation Dome at Darrington 2 weeks ago. We climbed up to pitch 4 and had to bail because of nightfall. The route is in excellent condition and the crux + slab areas are bolt protected and the route has double bolted and chained rappel anchors. Plenty of protection up to pitch 3+4 where the bolts start.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My partner and I attempted the Blueberry Route on Exfoliation Dome at Darrington 2 weeks ago. We climbed up to pitch 4 and had to bail because of nightfall. The route is in excellent condition and the crux + slab areas are bolt protected and the route has double bolted and chained rappel anchors. Plenty of protection up to pitch 3+4 where the bolts start.
My guess is that perhap you started out on the West Buttress and then ended up straying onto Dark Rhythm on the third pitch. The West Buttress is all trad except for two bolts. Dark Rhythm has bolts that start at the very beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

This post should be moved to the correct place pitty.gif