Headlamps, What do you like and why?

wdietsch

Frankly, I thought the Zenix IQ accomplished all of the right things...and did it very well. The "flat light" with the BD Ion (I have one of these too) is eliminated by simply using the brighter settings (not the Hyperbright mode). It lights up the ground all around you, without funky shadows and allows you to see good depth.

The Hyperbright mode (3 brightness settings, 1 flashing) on its highest setting worked great for me when I was trying to find the trail across a river and also up a steep sketchy ridge. I was really impressed.

I'll grant you that the Myo XP may be ultimately brighter on its highest setting (Boost mode) than the IQ, BUT: it's more expensive; it's a bit heavier; it uses 3 AAs instead of 2 AAs and I think it adapts better to precisely the light you need (saving power). Especially being able to go from the two lower-power LEDs (3+1 settings) to the one Hyperbright one (3+1 settings)...without being the least bit complicated or a hassle to operate.

It also has a strap over the top which keeps it securely in place when you're wrestling next to a hot fire after a long day of climbing...and drinking. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic