Missing Discussion of Outer Space Slowpokery

Dru

I don't mind someone being reasonable, asking to pass, and respectfully climbing through, not putting my ass in danger. Some asshole trys to blow through, clipping my pro, and being a jackass? He's going to find himself tied off to a big fat hex with a prusik the_finger.gif

Afterall this isn't France thank god rolleyes.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main Entry: 1climb

Pronunciation: 'klIm

Function: verb

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English climban; probably akin to Old English clifian to adhere -- more at CLEAVE

intransitive senses

1 a : to go upward with gradual or continuous progress : RISE, ASCEND b : to increase gradually c : to slope upward

2 a : to go upward or raise oneself especially by grasping or clutching with the hands <climbed upon her father's knee> b of a plant : to ascend in growth (as by twining)

3 : to go about or down usually by grasping or holding with the hands <climb down the ladder>

4 : to get into or out of clothing usually with some haste or effort <the firefighters climbed into their clothes>

transitive senses

1 : to go upward on or along, to the top of, or over <climb a hill>

2 : to draw or pull oneself up, over, or to the top of by using hands and feet <children climbing the tree>

3 : to grow up or over

Nowhere do I see the use of: rope, hexes, bolts etc...

If you "climb" using any of the above, you have no style.

Main Entry: 1climb

Pronunciation: 'klIm

Function: verb

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English climban; probably akin to Old English clifian to adhere -- more at CLEAVE

intransitive senses

1 a : to go upward with gradual or continuous progress : RISE, ASCEND b : to increase gradually c : to slope upward

2 a : to go upward or raise oneself especially by grasping or clutching with the hands <climbed upon her father's knee> b of a plant : to ascend in growth (as by twining)

3 : to go about or down usually by grasping or holding with the hands <climb down the ladder>

4 : to get into or out of clothing usually with some haste or effort <the firefighters climbed into their clothes>

transitive senses

1 : to go upward on or along, to the top of, or over <climb a hill>

2 : to draw or pull oneself up, over, or to the top of by using hands and feet <children climbing the tree>

3 : to grow up or over

Nowhere do I see the use of: rope, hexes, bolts etc...

If you "climb" using any of the above, you have no style.

Nobody Climbs with the use of that stuff, they just fall with the use of that stuff. (other than aiding)

• 9 months later...

i saw this film about bachar last night, and there was a funny bit where they interview croft and he describes how he "accidentally" kicked some guy in the head on half dome while passing, while him and bachar were making the first one day link up back when.

so always let peter pass or you might get a chuck norris to the dome.