4 Season 3 Person Tent Recommendations

TimL

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the Mtn Hardware Trango comments. Have used one several times and liked it. It is bomber in weather and was as roomy as a three man can be. Lots of big gear pockets made it easier to keep everyones crap organized. Used a single wall a couple times and hated it. Just iced up and didn't breath at all

I believe the Bibler's are good in the rain. I was hiking theAT and it down pour for several day straight. There was about six inches of water every where there was a guy outside the shelter in a Bibler, he said he stayed dry. He also said he could poke at the bottom of the tent see the ripples from the water underneath.

I've had good luck with Sierra Design's Stretch Dome. It is pretty light for its size and is strong too. Never gotten very wet in it and it can take the wind just fine. I've just about layed on top of it and it didn't collapse. You can put it together fairly quickly and two doors are super nice. Usually, I use the back door for going in and out and stash stuff under the vestibule by the front door.