mountains you can see from Chilliwack

It would drive me nuts to live in Chillawack.

Having a view of Slesse, Candian Border Peak and the Cheam Range would make it hard to sit still.

You can see one of the Domes of Anderson Group if you look really hard North.

Seal Cove is a great place. I like the position of the climbs over the water.

Edited by fern

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You CANNOT see Anderson peaks from Chilliwack. What drugs are you smoking. mushsmile.gif

From the highschool near my house you can see the summits of Baker and Shuksan though cool.gif

I swear to god Drew, that on a clear day you can see a granite dome to the north from the freeway. Like , way way way to the northeast. What is it? Needle?

I edited my post. I looked at a map, if it was straight ahead from the freeway it would be NE.

It's definatly not Viennese. I was just up by there last weekend. What I see from the freeway is up the Frasier Canyon Direct From Chillawack looking towrds Hope.

It's small. It looks like a dome. I'm not on crack. mushsmile.gif

Actually Drew, I think you could be wrong. It's very fient and the color could blend in with the sky. But the maps suggest differenetly, that you may be able to see Needle or Anderson Range peaks from the freeway between Chillowack and Hope. I've seen something. They are in direct line of sight from the freeway facing NE.

click here

Edited by Bill_Simpkins

Actually Drew, I think you could be wrong. It's very fient and the color could blend in with the sky. But the maps suggest differenetly, that you may be able to see Needle or Anderson Range peaks from the freeway between Chillowack and Hope. I've seen something. They are in direct line of sight from the freeway facing NE.

click here

you are out of your gourd. i can draw a straight line south from here to mt. shasta but that doesn't mean i can see it from here.

I know Drew is the almighty master mountain and route databse on legs, But I know what I saw.

If your not looking for it and don't look really hard, you won't see it.

I bet Drew a pitcher of beer (hehe): That somewhere around Chillawack, on the freeway, you can see Needle Peak.

In fact, I'm going to dig through my pictures at home. I may have a picture facing towords Chillawack Valley from the top of Needle. I'll check my Steinbok pictures as well.

I bet Drew a pitcher of beer (hehe): That somewhere around Chillawack, on the freeway, you can see Needle Peak.

Just quoting this part in case you try and delete your offer once you find out you are wrong boxing_smiley.gif

bigdrink.gif

Urguhart is too much north, wrong side of the river, not the direction I was looking. Look at the topos. There is a straight line of site to Needle Peak kind of through the Coqulhalla. Look at the topo, draw a line from Needle down through to Chillawack area,

And look at the elevations of the peaks close to the line of sight. Nothing is in the way of seeing the top of Needle.

The highest thing between Needle and the Valley is like 1700 or so meters. Needle is around 2000 meters.

I still claim you can see the top of Needle from the freeway.

Look at the BC map veiwer and do some trigonometry. Even if the 1700 meter peak was directly in front, you could still see the summit of Needle.

It is small, you may have never noticed or thought anything of the little bump on the horizon, WAY in the distance in the hazy air.

This is pretty funny. However, said peak is no more than 1600 m tall, Needle is about 2000 m tall. Even if the stretch of freeway between Abottsford and Chillawack was at sea level, you could see Needle.

Next time I drive up on a clear day I'll take a picture, if I remember.

The stretch of freeway between the two IS at sea level! And the relative distance between the two peaks is such that you cannot see needle because it isn't high enough to stick out over the ridge. You are talking about 400m elevation difference over 30km separating the two peaks.

Make a world wind map with the artificial view and you'll see what i mean.

Another case is how the Liumchen Ridge is only 1500m, Baker is 3200m and yet from most places in Chilliwack (high school excepted where you peek up through a saddle in the ridge crest) Liumchen blocks Baker out from the Wack.