white river entrance info center

anyone,

i'm struggling to find info on what time the white river center opens up for climbers to register during mid to late May. how early/late are they open? is there a way to obtain the register forms necessary before arrival?

i'd like to automate this process as much as possible.

any info would be much appreciated.

JCS

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does one self-register half way across the country? is there a form on the link provided? did i miss it? or can this step/process only be done in person during late May?

i don't need to reserve any camp site, but i do need to register for a late May attempt at climbing the peak.

thanks again,

JCS

Edited by jackscoldsweat

Depending on when you go (weekend or non-weekend) and what route you want to climb will help you determine if you need to make a reservation (see links on Mark Husbands reply) or if you can just show up and register in person. Make a call to the information center at longmire and the rangers will probably have an answer for you grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I've called the rangers. My partner has called the rangers. And each call's answer was different. I was told self registering from the white info center ends on Saturday the 28th of May. While my partner was told that we would need to register with the rangers in person. We plan to show up late on a Weds night. Either sleep in the car or attempt to head up glacier basin trail in the dark after self registering.

opinions? let 'em rip!

JCS