Parking Pass at Vantage

Anybody have the details (price, where I can get one) on the permit I need to park at Frenchman's? I've been hiking in the last few years from out on the road...decided to see about the permit this year. Also, anything new I should know about before I drive all the way from far Eastern Oregon? Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By phone at 1-800-270-7504

On the web @ www.naturenw.org

off the top of my head I remember GI joes, sportco(not positive), or basically anywhere else you can get a hunting liscense. You can just pick one up in George though on your way in. There sold at the Colonial Store there according to smoot.

Hope that helps.

By phone at 1-800-270-7504

On the web @ www.naturenw.org

off the top of my head I remember GI joes, sportco(not positive), or basically anywhere else you can get a hunting liscense. You can just pick one up in George though on your way in. There sold at the Colonial Store there according to smoot.

Hope that helps.

Take the main road south from I-90 and look for a large brick building that says "George" on it. The store opens at 9 am, if I recall correctly. The owners are nice, friendly people.

• 2 weeks later...
Who issues this pass? We are headed out there this weekend and want to snap up a pass to avoid costly tickets.

It's issued by WA Fish and Wildlife but sold by all the stores listed earlier. This pass is a pain in the ass to find since most of the kids working at the stores that sell 'em always try to sell you a more expensive pass or license. Another great fee for no service that sucks to try to buy.

While on this subject, anyone know any good free camping areas, other than the main dust bowl between the Feathers and Agatha Tower (which aint free anymore thanks to the newer pass), within a few miles of the Coulee? Thanks

Just buy your pass at the store in George. The town needs your business and they know exactly what pass you want the minute you walk in. They know climbers when they see them.

Regarding the "dustbowl", the dust isn't perhaps as bad as it once was thanks to all the grass that was planted recently.