Pasayten Snow Conditions??

Kfoxpnw

Was wondering if anyone has ANY info on what snow conditions might be like in the Pasayten area. I have next week off and was thinking of heading out to Cathedral Peak. Has anyone been out the Chewuch river road or up to the slate peak/pass area?? How much snow is still next to the road @ WA pass??

Any info is appreciated.

-Kevin HCL.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just drove over Washington Pass this morning and there was only a couple feet of snow, at most, at the pass. The meadows north of the pass were already starting to melt out... Also last night, I drove a ways up the road to Harts Pass to find a spot to rest my head. The snow looks to be a good ways up on the peaks, but I guarantee there will be a significant amount at Harts Pass. In conclusion, yeah it would probably be only the high elevation stuff that will still have snow and not the approach, although sun shaded, heavily forested valleys can trap snow as well as there was snow in the forest next to the highway as low as Silver Star Creek (I think).