Moderate Climbers Magazine

olyclimber

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one kills me:

Approach #3 - Hide in the Bushes.

This approach depends on the fallibility of the human guidance system in the morning (see approach #1). Get up early and hike to where you get ALMOST lost (this is key), and hide in the bushes until the next party comes along. Then stealthily hike behind them and wait for them to go up the wrong route. Then, by process of elimination, find the RIGHT route! Note: if you are detected on the trail - try to look skyward and whistle. This looks completely innocent. They will assume you are bird watchers or hikers. If this fails, put on your helmet. They will assume you are mountaineers, somehow separated from your flock, and therefore are no threat.

Remember, the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

This one kills me:

Approach #3 - Hide in the Bushes.

This approach depends on the fallibility of the human guidance system in the morning (see approach #1). Get up early and hike to where you get ALMOST lost (this is key), and hide in the bushes until the next party comes along. Then stealthily hike behind them and wait for them to go up the wrong route. Then, by process of elimination, find the RIGHT route! Note: if you are detected on the trail - try to look skyward and whistle. This looks completely innocent. They will assume you are bird watchers or hikers. If this fails, put on your helmet. They will assume you are mountaineers, somehow separated from your flock, and therefore are no threat.

Remember, the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Deserves publishing.

Hey there, I guess I'm responsible for that crazy.gif -- Thanks for the props! credit for the idea belongs to some friends of mine though, I just gave it a home. It's awesome that people get it and appreciate it! We did this first issue for our own amusement, but we have all agreed it would be a HELL of a lot of fun to put out more "issues" of the mag. but unfortunately we suffer from being slightly disorganized people. At the risk of crushing rejection, if any of you have a great story that fits this vein (I've definitely read some here) and you'd like to contribute to this "magazine" (or "ezine" i guess...) we would love to read it and hopefully put up another issue sometime in the next decade. You can just email me at nate@evilfungus.com. ... Dave, thanks for clarifying your 'funny' comment. bigdrink.gif

-Nate