Made in the USA?

barjor

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was the state from mid last year according to fiend who works there. all hardware is fabbed in the states (I got a tour of their shop, it is all there). Plasic back-pack clasps, and some soft goods are done overseas.

Not totally true about Black Diamond. I was a dealer of BD equip until this year and alot of the stuff is made in the Philippines. Packs and clothes all have the little hidden tag that says made in philippines. Packs used to proudly display made in the USA on the outside, not anymore. Poles also are not made in the US. That said, cams, biners, poons and tools are still made in the US plant. A couple of other companies that are US made, Cold Cold World and Colorado Custom Hardware.

Wild Things gear is made in NH.

Nemo, a new tent co, makes their stuff in NH, too.

OR still makes some stuff in Seattle, though they're starting to outsource more and more.

MSR still makes snowshoes and a few other things in Seattle.

Are therm-a-rests still made in the states? Other Cascade Designs stuff?

Marmot makes some stuff in the US

One of the things that kills me is the quality between US/Italy/Spain rock shoes and the "offshore" rock shoes. I've had like 10 pairs of rock shoes now (4 made in china, 6 states/italy) and the china shoes don't hold a candle to the states/italian shoes. 3 of the china shoes delaminated super-quick (one on the very first route out of the box) and the other china shoe I took back after about 4 sessions. A lot of the US rock shoe companies are having the socks made offshore and then doing the soles/rands in the states.