Advice to a friend who just busted her fiancee

Thinker

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the real question...who's paying for the wedding?? Him? If it's him....I'd do this!! (Change the he's for she's and the him's for her's...it'll work!!)

You gotta love this guy.

This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University, South Carolina. It was in the local newspaper. Even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party, was a manila envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope. Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them. After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!". Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here." He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong. His revenge - making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells

I heard that same story with only a few details changed about 8 or 9 years ago. I suspect urban myth.

Yup. http://www.snopes.com/weddings/embarras/bothered.htm

Read my avatar quote.

It's thursday, i'm not that sharp on thursdays you'll have to help me out a bit cantfocus.gif, or in the morning, or after bigdrink.gif. Pretty much, tuesday afternoon, i'm sharp on tuesday afternoons! grin.gif

How close of a reading would you like?

However close is legal in Idaho wink.gif

1) If he cheated, she can keep ring if its off. But whether the whole thing needs to be off is up to the two of them....if they had already been married, would she leave him or forgive him and stay? Many couples go through this and it can go either way. There is no right and wrong, it depends on the individuals...

2) Minx is way too hot to cheat on, ergo her comments can't be viewed as objective wink.gif

3) The way we worked it, the groom pays for the ring, the bride pays an amount equal to the ring for wedding.

Speaking of which, that woman who staged her own abduction is being taken back by her fiancee....now that stretches the bounds of believability !!

Who cares if we have the whole story. rolleyes.gif I think it is pretty funny that you guys are starting to sound like Miss Manners on whether she can keep the ring. yelrotflmao.gif

I wonder why would she even want the ring? Does she plan to chuck it into the ocean so the guy gets hit in the wallet? or is she going to look at it periodically and recall the same crappy memories all over again?

1) If he cheated, she can keep ring if its off. But whether the whole thing needs to be off is up to the two of them....if they had already been married, would she leave him or forgive him and stay? Many couples go through this and it can go either way. There is no right and wrong, it depends on the individuals...

2) Minx is way too hot to cheat on, ergo her comments can't be viewed as objective wink.gif

3) The way we worked it, the groom pays for the ring, the bride pays an amount equal to the ring for wedding.

Speaking of which, that woman who staged her own abduction is being taken back by her fiancee....now that stretches the bounds of believability !!

awww alex. thanks. we should go have a beer sometime wink.gifyellaf.gif

Who cares if we have the whole story. rolleyes.gif I think it is pretty funny that you guys are starting to sound like Miss Manners on whether she can keep the ring. yelrotflmao.gif

I wonder why would she even want the ring? Does she plan to chuck it into the ocean so the guy gets hit in the wallet? or is she going to look at it periodically and recall the same crappy memories all over again?

The real question is, WWJD?

The real question is, WWBD? (What Would Beckey Do?)

So speaking of the runaway bride...all the New Mexicans are het up because she accused a couple of fictitious New Mexicans of abducting her. I never heard the term "New Mexican" until I moved to New Mexico...you gotta wonder whether they mean "New Mexico"-ans or "new" Mexicans. I don't think she staged it, I think she got cold feet thanks to all the conservative Christians in her hometown pushing her towards marriage, and realized in the Greyhound that she was going to need a convincing story when the secret service branch of the religious right found her.

And what's up with all you people freaking out about a 3 year engagement? Do you have a partner? Have you been with them for up to 3 years? Do you live with them? WHY DON'T YOU FRIGGIN' GET MARRIED ALREADY? I don't agree with that opinion, but it's just as valid an opinion as "oh my gawd they've been engaged for 3 years, why aren't they married yet." Sheesh.