Advice to a friend who just busted her fiancee

Thinker

I gave this advice to a friend back home today.

Regarding the ring, tell him this:

"I'll consider giving your ring back if you take out 1/4 page ads in both the <newspaper1> and <newspaper2> that include your name, photo, and your confession that you were engaged to a beautiful woman for 3 years but chose to post an online dating profile anyway. While you're at it, I want to see the same confession on your AOL profile for one month, too, right under your photo."

Let's hear some other fun and creative ideas from the peanut gallery.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we have all the facts here. Link to the ad please? There is a chance he was just trying to make new friends for his fiancee because he thought she was lonely and didn't have enough friends.

It would be good to see the ad. Hell, we all know he's single and available now.

I don't think we have all the facts here. Link to the ad please? There is a chance he was just trying to make new friends for his fiancee because he thought she was lonely and didn't have enough friends.

It would be good to see the ad. Hell, we all know he's single and available now.

hmmmm...sounds like he might be able to get a date right away.

Hum, generally it takes two to tango.

I can’t help but wonder what she’s putting him through? What space are they in where he has to hide from her to find connections online? Is her behavior perfect?

“Maybe” they should see a counselor and work on their relationship? Yeah, I’m sure it sucked to find that information out about him, but you can bet there is much more to the story. Anyway, there are no absolutes in the modern relationships.

BTW, we’re all dying to see the link. ; )

If there isn't a ring an a date your not really engaged.

And five gallon jugs in Lingerie just isn't enough, make him do the approach from Redpoint in "full gear" then send him Zebra Zion . the_finger.gif And be sure to have someone on route to get blackmail shots for later.

regardless, it's best to let it simmer for a while and not make any rash decisions. It'll give her time to realize he's an ass, not worth her thought and effort, and she should just donate the proceeds from the ring sale to charity. Well that, or come up with an even more deviant and cruel punishment! grin.gif

Hum, generally it takes two to tango.

I can’t help but wonder what she’s putting him through? What space are they in where he has to hide from her to find connections online? Is her behavior perfect?

I don't buy this at all. mad.gif Who is making him "have" to hide online? Stop wasting precious years of her life, be a man and set her free. If her behavior's not perfect, all the more reason.

That sucks, man. My heart goes out to your friend. I recently comforted a friend in the same situation - minus the engagement. The internet is going to be the undoing of our civilization. And I think your advice was dead-on.

“Maybe” they should see a counselor and work on their relationship?

hellno3d.gif fuck that. sorry, but that was something to think about BEFORE going on the internet to find yourself a new (or additional) hookup. i agree with what someone else said - three years of engagement is definitely a sign that it's not going anywhere. or at least not anywhere good. evils3d.gif move on and find yourself someone even worth fretting about ...