Tom Delay resignation betting pool

Skeezix

JoshK: If Olympia were dominated by Republicans even though the state is overwhelmingly left leaning (as it is), then we would be looking to see if there were anomalies that gave the Elephants an advantage. If the districts weren't screwed up in TX how do we explain the Donkey heavy state legislature? If it makes us feel any better we can blame the screwed up districts there on the Republicans. Back when conservatives voted on the Dem side they probably drew the districts up in the Dems favor. Now that conservatives vote Rep. they want to undo what they did.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshK: If Olympia were dominated by Republicans even though the state is overwhelmingly left leaning (as it is), then we would be looking to see if there were anomalies that gave the Elephants an advantage. If the districts weren't screwed up in TX how do we explain the Donkey heavy state legislature? If it makes us feel any better we can blame the screwed up districts there on the Republicans. Back when conservatives voted on the Dem side they probably drew the districts up in the Dems favor. Now that conservatives vote Rep. they want to undo what they did.

Take a look at the most recent redistricting done in Colorado. It was seen as largely non-partisan, or as close as possible to that. Then compare to the fuckjob that took place in Texas. If you think it was anything other than a power grab by DeLay and crew, you are sadly mistaken...

I think plenty of people on this board know me, know I don't hide behind an IP, and know where to find me. laugh.gif

You'd shut your mouth real quick if you ever met me face-to-face.

hahaha.gif

HAHAHHA... I know, classic!

Do you practice lines from Dodgeball in the mirror too, KK?

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!!!"

hahaha.gif

Squid: I may not be entirely up to date on the case but last time I read about it (it's been a couple of months - snore) looked like he had violated a TEXAS campaign law. I am not even sure I have a problem with the redistricting of TX at this point. I personally felt much more outrage towards the Randy Cunningham ,William J. Jefferson and Robert W. Ney scandals. Maybe those guys just aren't has easy to hate as Delay is??

If you read up on the current news you will see that what has finally bumped Delay over the edge is the conviction of his chief aid (for illegally influencing public officials). Sounds somewhat similar to WJ Jefferson, but I don't think his aid is actually convicted yet.

You're right, currently more outrage should be directed at Randy Cunningham because he is actually convicted of crimes himself (not just people very close to him in his organization). Not sure about Ney though. While he is implicated in directly selling his vote, there are no formal charges or indictment yet.

I think plenty of people on this board know me, know I don't hide behind an IP, and know where to find me. laugh.gif

hahaha.gif

HAHAHHA... I know, classic!

Do you practice lines from Dodgeball in the mirror too, KK?

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!!!"

hahaha.gif

I saw Dodgeball when I was in Portugal. Folks in Portugal generally don't speak English. I was in the theater cracking up while everyone else was silent. At least here, we can all laugh at KK together.

I saw Dodgeball when I was in Portugal. Folks in Portugal generally don't speak English. I was in the theater cracking up while everyone else was silent. At least here, we can all laugh at KK together.

1. I've never seen dodgeball

2. The fact remains that "brave" JoshK would never speak to me in real life as he does on spray. Guaranteed.

3. If you need a good laugh, look no farther than your pathetic existence.

wave.gif

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

I'm sure JoshK is a snivelling wuss in real life, who feels comfortable hiding behind his ISP in anonymous safety. What that half-wit turd says about me is completely irrelevant

and then...

Now go fuck off.

and then...

2. The fact remains that "brave" JoshK would never speak to me in real life as he does on spray. Guaranteed.

I don't think 'irrelevant' is the term you're after.

Irrelevant things tend to not push people's buttons so easily.

Once again KocksuckKojak spends an entire thread displaying a lack of wit, grace, originality and joy. Life sucks in the cube farm doesn't it tough guy?

By the way we all keep hearing about how we'd all shut our mouths real quick and shit if we ever met you in person (this isn't the first time you followed that line of argument, hence the lack of originality that lingers like a slime left behind by you lack of joy) but it remains to be seen if you would ever show your face and make anyone "shut up".

Toodles, old man.

By the way we all keep hearing about how we'd all shut our mouths real quick and shit if we ever met you in person

I was not posting to this (year-old, boring, resurrected) thread at all until JoshK interjected random gratuitous insults at me. Read above for proof.

I've been online in discussion forums for over 15 years, and met quite a few people outside of said forums. The fact remains that people say shit online that they would never dare say in real life.

but it remains to be seen if you would ever show your face and make anyone "shut up".

"make"? I claim it would happen without any "making". I still maintain that JoshK would shrivel like a worm in a "real-life" encounter. As for making that happen, sorry, but I have no desire to meet him or any of you assholes. :-)

And lest you forget - as I've posted many times before - this is SPRAY. I'm just playing the game. If you take it so seriously, then the jokes on you chump. :-)

A clarification on the "rules of engagement" as I understand them:

if it is OK to post garbage like "I'm a badass and I can kick your ass," it is perfectly OK to post garbage like "you are a jerk for posting that kind of boast."

I think that is the policy.

Do I misunderstand here?

Once again KocksuckKojak spends an entire thread displaying a lack of wit, grace, originality and joy. Life sucks in the cube farm doesn't it tough guy?

By the way we all keep hearing about how we'd all shut our mouths real quick and shit if we ever met you in person (this isn't the first time you followed that line of argument, hence the lack of originality that lingers like a slime left behind by you lack of joy) but it remains to be seen if you would ever show your face and make anyone "shut up".

Toodles, old man.

Good points--all.

And does anyone post with their mouth open? What's up with all the directives? And who wants to see the Krotchsuckjak face anyway?

[ A clarification on the "rules of engagement" as I understand them:

if it is OK to post garbage like "I'm a badass and I can kick your ass," it is perfectly OK to post garbage like "you are a jerk for posting that kind of boast."

Do I misunderstand here?

let's say you were posting in a thread and discussing something with someone, and I was not involved. Then say I suddenly posted: mattp is a fucking idiot.

seems to me any response you gave would be fair game, ne c'est pas?

I'm not following you here. Didn't you post, with serious disdain, to all the poltical threads where some liberal said some pansy-assed thing like "Tom Delay is a crook" or George Bush lies" for about a year or so? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you have directly and in many cases personally attacked and insulted a lot of us liberals who would back down if we met you in person.

Toodles, old man.

Good points--all.

And does anyone post with their mouth open? What's up with all the directives? And who wants to see the Krotchsuckjak face anyway?

Gotta love it... Squid pontificating about "high-school" antics, and the regular barrage of 6-th grade mentality name-manglers come out of the wood-works within just a few posts. hahaha.gif

I'm not following you here. Didn't you post, with serious disdain, to all the poltical threads where some liberal said some pansy-assed thing like "Tom Delay is a crook," for about a year or so? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you have directly and in many cases personally attacked and insulted a lot of us "pansy assed liberals."

the next time I call you a "pansy ass" feel free to say STFU.

Actually I don't think I've ever called *you* anything of the sort...