David Trippett

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt Warfield wrote:

There was a thread on this sometime fairly recently. He started at eightmile (not the trailhead but at Icicle!), nearly got arrested by a Tool on the road, hiked in and free soloed N. Ridge of Stuart including direct finish, then traversed through Dragontail into the Enchantment basin, then did Prusik, and hiked out in less than 24 hours. Casual!

I had always hoped to link some climbs (Dragontail/Stuart/Prussik/Snowcreek/etc...)on an Enchantment trip starting from 8-mile cg and exiting at Snow Creek trail. Maybe 4-5 days for the trip? However, that summer my son was born and two years later my second son was born. I haven't really climbed in the last few years, but I am trying to stay hopeful for some day...?

It would be great to do the complete north ridge on Stuart, traverse across the ridge, drop down and hit backbone ridge on dragontail, drop down and hit CBR west face, drop off the backside and hit the south face of prussik, and then finish off the tour with hyperspace on SCW.

Obviously, this tour would take a few days and food and gear caches, but it would be EPIC. Probably be done in 4-5 days by a fit team who can solo confidently at 5.9+

1 day for NR stuart and traverse

1 day for backbone ridge

1 day for CBR west face and prussik south face. After all, two grade III's don't equal a VI

1 day for approach and hyperspace...

Thats 4 days...Yikes

Of course, you could add an additional day, by doing the complete traverse of temple ridge.

Some folks like misery, just not me yelrotflmao.gif

This shit keeps me up at night.

To 'dumb down' skyclimb's traverse

1. cache food & comfort items at Colchuck Lake (Friday night)

2. N Ridge Stuart and traverse, back down to lake (Sat)

3. pick up cache and carryover Serpentine Ridge (Sun)

4. prusik w. ridge & complete temple traverse (Mon)

back to work on Tuesday, only 1 day off work

Speaking of the complete Temple Ridge traverse, has anyone on this site done it (got any pics?)? Went and did Prusik last weekend, it was my first time into the area, those peaks are amazing. Got a good view of the ridge line and it looks pretty cool, its something I would like to do.

I had always hoped to link some climbs (Dragontail/Stuart/Prussik/Snowcreek/etc...)on an Enchantment trip starting from 8-mile cg and exiting at Snow Creek trail. Maybe 4-5 days for the trip? However, that summer my son was born and two years later my second son was born. I haven't really climbed in the last few years, but I am trying to stay hopeful for some day...?

Isn't this what boarding school and summer camp are for?

Speaking of the complete Temple Ridge traverse, has anyone on this site done it (got any pics?)?

A secret ropegun I know and I were all set up to try it last year, but were thwarted by a woman.

Cap't Caveman has the beta on the Temple Ridge Traverse. I'm not sure he's done the whole thing, but he's done from Prussik to BoxTop, I'm quite sure.