stolen gear

highalpinist

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear about that. I'm sure everyone here will keep their eye out for it, but I don't know what you've lost; I suppose you could notify Next Adventure about what happened, in case someone goes in there to try to sell it all. Probably a long shot, though.

I think I'm going to strip all the stickers off my truck, and keep a dark blanket in it to hide my stuff when I have it parked at THs and such, from now on...seems like break-ins are on the rise everywhere. Then again, maybe they're just getting posted here more.

Please type up a comprehensive list of everything you had stolen, complete with your personal markings on the gear (marking tape, or whatever you use to identify your gear) and add it to your post. That way if any of us are at a crag somewhere and we see a "#1 Camalot, old style, with red tape on the stem, reslung with yellow spectra loop" or whatever, we can identify it. Also, take that list, print it out, and either take it in, or fax it to every REI customer service desk in your area. REI is the only shop I know of that takes used climbing equipment in and if somebody wants to make a few bucks off stealing your gear, you may be able to retrieve it that way. Hopefully somebody just thought that it was some abandoned gear and, hearing word, they'll return it, but if not, the above are the two steps I can think of that could help.

The contents of my stolen life; One old school Burton snowboard . Yellow bottom. blue top side with lots of stickers and black 5150 bindings. Two ice axes one maroon red and one gray with blue webbing for a leash. Both about 55cm. One brand new pair of Salmoon mountaineering boots. Orange and black with a black # 8 on the backside. A red REI back pack with butt loads of crap in it. Food, headlamp,clothing and my f__king journal. Last thing one orange Event light shell jacket . I loved that jacket