wanted: cheap airline ticket

Stavrogin

i'm going to be flying to london at the end of august and i'm looking for the cheapest ticket i can find. do any of you travel savy folks know of any places to find really good deals on airfare? i'm looking at flying either out of vancouver, bc or seattle, wa. i haven't been able to find anything for less that $900. am i just going to have to pony up the money or is there a better deal out there?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last spring my wife and I flew to Italy and found that a travel agent had the best deal on tickets. We tried all of the travel sites, the airline sites and even the meta search sites and could find a deal within $125 of his deal. You might try your local travel agent. PM me if you want contact info on my guy.

In my experience, you can often still get better deals for international travel if you talk to a human. It might be worth spending an hour checking with some of the consolidators or bucket shops. When faced with a similar situation, I landed a ticket on a charter flight out of Vancouver to Berlin for $500 (instead of $1000).

Also be flexible about not flying into London. Within Europe, there is crazy price competition for regional flights. So you can get a cheap ticket to the Netherlands, Germany, or France, and then pick up a regional flight to London. Last summer I flew from Rotterdam to Berlin for 9 Euros (plus 20 Euros airport tax!) These regional airlines aren't available on expedia or orbitz -- check out something like: http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/budget/

Ill second what Ben says about flying within europe, Easy Jet and Ryan Air are popular. I bet a cheapo to amsterdam would be a good start, I flew from there to spain for 25 euros.I have always found the best deal not talking to Humans.. flexible days and hours are key for this, flying overnight and and midweek are good money saving options, I also have found a good deal by going directly to the airline then if your worried you can order the ticket over the phone. I heard theres all sorts of flights out of Bellingham and Abottsford these days, talked to a fellow who flew from bellingham round trrip to Las Vegas non stop for 160$ on Allegiant airways, never heard of them.

good luck, I find travel agents lazy and usually a place to get a start but hardly ever find me the cheapest ticket.