Bellingham breakins!!!

mounthay

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, same thing happened to me. about 2 years ago i had my cd player and a barryvox transceiver stolen out of my honda on 22nd street in fairhaven. 2 days later the cops busted some guys in one of those shady motels on samish with a room full of shit stolen out of peoples cars, including a transceiver. fucking cops wouldn't give me the transceiver because i didn't have the serial #. to top it off i had only been borrowing the transceiver because i had just purchased one and it was still in the mail. so two days later i get a brand new transceiver in the mail and immediatly drive over to my buddies house and give it to him, lame. i feel for you. i would report it to the po-po even if you don't have serial #'s (hey its worth a shot). if you don't have it, buy renter's insurance, its cheap.

oh, and thanks for the condolences, I'm glad all my climbing hardware wasn't in there. i don't have renter's ins. but I want some now.

left info at some pawn shops but its pretty easy to unload a used transciever for cheap Im sure.

the cop did ask for the serial # on it and I'm hoping for the sake of them POSSIBLY finding the thing that I have it in the warranty or something?

...the cop did ask for the serial # on it and I'm hoping for the sake of them POSSIBLY finding the thing that I have it in the warranty or something?

Unlikely. If you kept the warranty paper, it will most likely show only the model number. The serial number is usually something that you have to fill in the blank.

Hope you get your stuff back all the same.