New full color Yosemite Big Wall guidebook

Chris_McNamara

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

ok, how is this for a less commercial post:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that after 5 years of approaching, drawing, hauling, biviying, gps'ing, photographing and.. oh yeah, climing... the new big walls book is out. i am not trying to spam the forum here. i just think there are people here who might be planning a trip to yosemite and want to know that there is some updated info out there. also, i tried to make this book more than just a guide by including more histories and lots of full page photos. but what i am most psyched about is that the book is in full color. my goal was to create a climbing guide/coffe table book. you can all let me know if i was successful at that or not. anyway, you can download a free sample of the book at: http://www.supertopo.com/bigwalls/yosemite/bigwalls.html

• 2 months later...

Thanks Chris,

There has been some spray on this book here and it's probably the same a-holes that would have said climbing rubber and cams were cheating. (of course they use them now) My guess is alot of them have never even been down to the valley. I bought your book after getting handed a hand drawn topo half way up the leaning tower. Of course we had a book but it wasn't anything like yours. (so much was out of date) And if the book takes the adventure out how come everyone and their brother wanted to borrow my book when I brought it back to seattle?

Great book, awsome info, guide and coffee table book in one.