Got what he f*ing deserved!

Fairweather

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some commentators have said that the gov. should straight raise the price to of gas to a blanket $4.00 a gallon no more no less. It will take that much to really encourage the market to turn to hybrids and the manufacturers to offer more in that catagory. And it will reduce reliance on foreign oil. And all the extra $ above market will be tax that will reduce the defecit. Its win win win win.

Except for people like me who drive big trucks. I'll have to buy a hybrid big ass truck.

Shit here in Rwanda we are paying $5.00 a gallon, it cost me over $50 bucks to fill the gas tank of our RAV 4.

If one were really interested in fighting SUVs the best way to do that would be to lobby in favor of higher gas taxes or use tax based on vehicle weight.

I'm surprised that after all this lip flapping back and forth, no one has mentioned the newest sport in the US: SUV tagging!? Yup, slapping a bumber sticker on an idleing suv and booking off before ya get your ass blasted by an angry SUV/Gun owner. Very tre-Chic and exciting. Here ya are for more info.

cantfocus.gif

http://www.aceweekly.com/Backissues_ACEWeekly/2002/020912/cover_story020912.html

http://ideacog.net/suvluv/reality/

http://www.nosuv.org/campaign.html

This may be the fastest growing industry/sport/activity out there. I think it may be OK now to wear fur again cause all those folks are now tagging SUV's and forgetting about fur.

So there ya have it. Unless you now need some bumber stickers: get those here: http://www.idontcareaboutair.com/bumpers/create.shtml

Bill

Dude I brought that up on the first page. tongue.gif

Sorry, although it appears you have plenty of opinions, I only saw 3 posts of yours on page 1. They are;

He should have stuck with those removable stickers folks like to put on SUVs.

Maybe Fairweather is still bitter from being picked on and beat up by kids in the science and drama clubs in school. wazzup.gif

I think europe would be a better model in some respects. Gas isn't that much more in Canada right now, but it's cost a lot more in Europe for a long time. The downside is that Europe has a much better rail system; so you don't need the car in the first place.

Hmmm, I must be missing it. You mean that removable sticker thing? I think nobody is talking removable K. Bush stickers are removable, Kerry stickers are removable. Check these links out. It's serious.

Hmmm, I must be missing it. You mean that removable sticker thing? I think nobody is talking removable K. Bush stickers are removable, Kerry stickers are removable. Check these links out. It's serious.

I've heard of the removable stickers; that sounds dumb but harmless. If you're proposing doing something permanent why not smack the SUV with a hammer a few times and then wait for the owner to show up then tell them to fuck off. Anything less is just being a sissy. wazzup.gif

i think alternative fuels/energy sources are mandatory. however, it would help to develop better public transportation networks in a number of large metropolitan areas. europe seems to be far ahead of us on this one.

it would take me 3 hours to get from my house to work using public transit. if I drive ~2/3 of the way (25miles) and then catch a bus, the remaining 1/3 takes 40 minutes. it takes 15 minutes w/the car. it's not time effective for me to use public transportation. if we had a more complete network, i probably would.

15 min by car? Ride a bike!

If you're proposing doing something permanent why not smack the SUV with a hammer a few times and then wait for the owner to show up then tell them to fuck off. Anything less is just being a sissy. wazzup.gif

I'm not proposing anything, just reporting.

I drive a Honda CR-V, so as a SUV owner.........well, if someone tagged my car I'd chuckle over it, especially if they raced by and tagged it ala Picadore as I sat inside idled at a light. Yesterday I had that SOB so stuffed full of crap I couldn't see out of the back. I use it for deliveries for the company. Bought it especially cause the civic couldn't take enough stuff in it (and having 160,000 miles on it was a secondary curse) I sure wouldn't see a bumper sticker tagging coming or going. I be all like get home, step out and "WTF?" smileysex5.gif Where'd that come from?

As far as your suggestion of hitting cars with hammers.....PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSE! wazzup.gif