Rockfest 2005 - Leavenworth

featheredfriends

It seems like everyone I talked to had a pretty good attitude throughout the day. Climbed with one local climber, which was cool, cause I don't know Lworth that well. At the slide show there was a huge attitude. 'Specially the guys who were ranting about Afganistan. All in all a fun weekend.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or was there quite an "attitude" at the days events. I am a local climber and normally everyone you meet in the area is great and full of info, advice, suggestions and all but on saturday all I ran into were people who looked at me like I did not belong there. I was out bouldering with Beth and Tommy early in the day, which by the way was super fun and they had a great attitude about the area and were willing to talk and share info about routes and projects they had been working on. It made up for the others that must have been having a bad day. That night at the slide show the attitude was back in full force. Very clicky and I saw absolutly no locals, come on Wenatchee and Leavenworth get in gear and help support our sport. Just my .02 worth.

Hey smithisheaven,

I wasn't able to make to any of the clinics, and was only at the slide show and BBQ, but I didn't see a lot of bad attitude. I saw at lot of very positive and friendly people there, especially the people organizing the event.

From my perspective, anytime you have a group people that don't know each other, there is going to be posturing or cliques of people who happen to know each other...that is too bad because there are a lot of cool people to climb, and the best way to meet them is to just be friendly and outgoing. People who pack an attitude usually just lack self-confidence (ok, there are a few exceptions), and it is their loss that they aren't friendly. You're also going to have one or two that has a few to many drinks, as noted above.

I did meet some cool local people (local to the Leavenworth area), and from what I saw, it was a very positive event.

Anyway, you're lucky to live in such a awesome place. You should seriously considering changing your screenname though. yellaf.gif

"there are a lot of cool people to climb,"

AMEN TO THAT!! why are so many rock climbers, hard body hotties!! Yeah..some of those guys I'm like..I want to climb all over you like a jungle gym!! hee hee

sorry...Couldn't resist!!

Hey olyclimber, you were not kidding when you said you were not a good public speaker, ha ha just a little stab back at ya for the screen name comment. All in all I did have a good time at the event and I am glad we raised some money for WCC.

As long as you know what the Washington Climbers Coalition is all about, I did my job. yellaf.gif That welded tuff is almost as good as Washington state granite...right? wink.gif

It was a good time. rockband.gif

My impressions:

Organizers: excellent!thumbs_up.gif

Good vibe during clinic/shoe demo sessions.

Beth and Tommy are the most gracious and humble hardpersons I've met.

Maybe it was the beer, but attendees seemed friendly and willing to chat with strangers/get to know people at the clinics; but at the evening party, it was clique-central.

Afghan-boy left a good impression for the visitors too. rolleyes.gif

I'm also happy that the funds raised went to WCC.

Is it just me or was there quite an "attitude" at the days events. I am a local climber and normally everyone you meet in the area is great and full of info, advice, suggestions and all but on saturday all I ran into were people who looked at me like I did not belong there.

sorry, we just didn't think you did.

Is it just me or was there quite an "attitude" at the days events. I am a local climber and normally everyone you meet in the area is great and full of info, advice, suggestions and all but on saturday all I ran into were people who looked at me like I did not belong there.

sorry, we just didn't think you did.

yellaf.gif