Rockfest 2005 - Leavenworth

featheredfriends

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have the previous rock fest's been? i have usually taken this time to climb somewhere else since the crowds are in Leavenworth...

well the one where I got the second keg at 10:00 and it was Scotch Ale was memorable.... bigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif

Usually lots of free stuff, good slideshows, shoe demos, and free trainings. As well as good food and frosty beverages.

The group site at Bridge creek is cool too.

All in all a thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I went last year and met MisterE. It's a great event to bring people new to the sport. I brought my gf and her friend and won some new shoes. Good mixture of people (experienced and not so much). Also met the guys from mgear, who were super nice. Last year it was pretty cold and rainy and the slideshow was a bit long for one speaker (like 2 hours? in the rain - good times). I'll prbably go this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Rockfest Update

The clinics are all confirmed and up at the rockfest website. Some of them include:

Tommy and Beth are teaching an advanced technique clinic.

John Race from the Northwest Mountain School will teach a rockrescue clinic.

Anchor Setting (play with all the new cams).

And many others as well.

It's all free.

I do this event as a community oriented event. We don't make money there. The money we make from the raffle will be given to a cause that we decide on at Rockfest.

If you have any questions about it or want to sign up for clinics, feel free to contact me at rockfest@featheredfriends.com .

Marshall

• 2 weeks later...

While I missed out on Layton's clinics, I made it to the 'fest, and was out there at the table for the Washington Climbers Coalition. I also did the short slideshow right before the "Tommy and Beth Show".

Thanks to Feathered Friends and the other sponsors for putting the event on, and for their active support of the Washington Climber Coalition and the other grassroots efforts started by people that are working on to preserve access for climbers and help protect the climbing areas that we know and love.

rockband.gif

Is it just me or was there quite an "attitude" at the days events. I am a local climber and normally everyone you meet in the area is great and full of info, advice, suggestions and all but on saturday all I ran into were people who looked at me like I did not belong there. I was out bouldering with Beth and Tommy early in the day, which by the way was super fun and they had a great attitude about the area and were willing to talk and share info about routes and projects they had been working on. It made up for the others that must have been having a bad day. That night at the slide show the attitude was back in full force. Very clicky and I saw absolutly no locals, come on Wenatchee and Leavenworth get in gear and help support our sport. Just my .02 worth.