wa and bc is full of asshole drivers

glassgowkiss

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so get this, of course this is prime example of why driving on the left lane slow is dangerous.

i was on i-5 driving back to seattle. right past camino island exit i am on the left lane stuck behind some nimrod doing about 65 mph. here comes this subaru impreza doing at least 85 (looked like about double my speed). i catch the site of this car a split second before hits me. BAAAAM, right into my trunk. onto the left shouder, off the inbnankment, spin 2 times on the wet turf, managed straighten my car and stop about 30 yards away from the highway. so here i am tottaly fucked. as i am getting my cell out to call the cops, i see that she stopped about 500 yards down the road and now she is driving off! i can't fucking believe this shit!, she just drove off.

anyway, after about 10 minutes a cop showed up, took my info. then drove off, as apperently she drove to the next exit and called state police! now why in the hell would you leave a scene of an accident you just caused.

to cut a long story short, i managed to drive my mangeled car to park and ride where i met with the cop. he gave me her ins info and told me he gave her a hefty ticket.

my neck low back and right arm hurt like fuck and i am supposed to fly to toronto tomorrow at 7 am, so don't expect any updates.

the moral of this stupid story is if the left lane was free of aslow moving vehicles none of this would happen. and i guess i managed to sell my jetta to the insurance company, since the whole trunk is about 10 inches shorter.

Edited by glassgowkiss

How about the guy in the BMW who was using his PDA as he was driving over the ship canal bridge in the left lane with a big gap in front of him. He was letting all the lazy dickheads cut in front of him (and me). Screw that. I don't let those SUV get in front of me.

why didnt YOU cut in front of him too instead of glomming on to his ass bumper and then crying about it?

so get this, of course this is prime example of why driving on the left lane slow is dangerous.

i was on i-5 driving back to seattle. right past camino island exit i am on the left lane stuck behind some nimrod doing about 65 mph. here comes this subaru impreza doing at least 85 (looked like about double my speed). i catch the site of this car a split second before hits me. BAAAAM, right into my trunk. onto the left shouder, off the inbnankment, spin 2 times on the wet turf, managed straighten my car and stop about 30 yards away from the highway. so here i am tottaly fucked. as i am getting my cell out to call the cops, i see that she stopped about 500 yards down the road and now she is driving off! i can't fucking believe this shit!, she just drove off.

anyway, after about 10 minutes a cop showed up, took my info. then drove off, as apperently she drove to the next exit and called state police! now why in the hell would you leave a scene of an accident you just caused.

to cut a long story short, i managed to drive my mangeled car to park and ride where i met with the cop. he gave me her ins info and told me he gave her a hefty ticket.

my neck low back and right arm hurt like fuck and i am supposed to fly to toronto tomorrow at 7 am, so don't expect any updates.

the moral of this stupid story is if the left lane was free of aslow moving vehicles none of this would happen. and i guess i managed to sell my jetta to the insurance company, since the whole trunk is about 10 inches shorter.

Glad you're ok man.

Here in PDX, cars don't even have to be in motion to endanger my life & limb. Last night going through the Pearl on my bike I narrowly missed getting doored by a woman (in an SUV, natch). I stopped and gave her a brief but impassioned lecture on the need to be more careful in the future.

"bike lock her windshield and then ride away" is a more appropriate response

How about the guy in the BMW who was using his PDA as he was driving over the ship canal bridge in the left lane with a big gap in front of him. He was letting all the lazy dickheads cut in front of him (and me). Screw that. I don't let those SUV get in front of me.

why didnt YOU cut in front of him too instead of glomming on to his ass bumper and then crying about it?

What makes you think I didn't do that? the_finger.gif

I like to shave in the car to work -- with an electric razor. At least it is not a cellphone. cool.gif

Whatever. You ain't shit until you're lathering up with the brush and the hot water and scraping your neck with a straight razor at 70mph. Stay home if you're only going to bring this penny-ante shit to the table.

Sheesh. rolleyes.gif

My standard one says:

"I'm Changing the Climate! Ask Me How"

Mine would be my Ford emblem on your forehead if I saw you anywher near my truck.

So what have you done for earth day today besides litter 170 stickers across Seattle

My standard one says:

"I'm Changing the Climate! Ask Me How"

Mine would be my Ford emblem on your forehead if I saw you anywher near my truck.

So what have you done for earth day today besides litter 170 stickers across Seattle

Better yet, force feed them the contents of your blue bag. Leave no trace...

i am back, fucking sicker then a dog (headcold). anyway, my back hurts like fuck and my ears don't stop ringing since the evening of the accident. my right hand hurts, so is my forearm.

went to pick up my stuff from the car and found out someone ripped my speakers from the trunk (which is imopssible to close due to damage. car is total, but i wanted to take them out, since i bought them a month ago. fuck!.

life sucks, can't climb at the moment. lost another day at work too.

Sorry to hear about the accident and the pain Bob.

It is a bit interesting though that you give more than partial blame of the accident on the fact that someone driving slower than you (maybe above the speed limit and passing others) and was in the left lane. While it was the person speeding that entirely hit you.

Also many posts back, you mention that driving in the left lane should be illegal to allow a illegal act to occur in the left lane. That would be interesting to see argued in the state government.

Now go ahead and rip me a new one.