texplorer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

Pope did it three years ago.

Oh no, not I. I ain't climbin' much of anything difficult these days, nothing that a piss ant couldn't hop over anyways. Besides, I ain't a climber. I'm an impresario, least that's what they call me. Uh, that ain't dirty, is it?

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

Dru,

sounds like you got an inferiority complex. The only time I've heard someone who "bagged on" the Cascades was a friend bitchin about how hard it was to find someone in Leavenworth willing to do anything other than boulder.

I was referring to Twight etc. I think most climbers who end up bailing on the PNW do so due to the weather, and better road and trail access to the mts. in other ranges.

Incidentally I see this years AAJ AGAIN only prints Grade IV routes from the Cascades yet loads of II and III's from the desert. What up with their "Grade IV mimimum requirement for a new route reporting" selective application, anybody know?

Alpine choss? Where, other than the volcanoes? The N. Cascades are bomber compared to the slag-heaps of choss which are the Oregon cascades. Besides, anyone remember that article in Rock and Ice on the N. Cascades? There are few (any?) areas in the US that have the combination of rough terrain, glaciers, and decent rock. Lets get out there and enjoy it.