Olympic Climbing Guidebook?

undermind

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. Actually, we don't know yet. We've narrowed it down to a few finalists, but honestly there hasn't been a unanimous favorite yet. So if you've got a stunning color shot of the Olympics you think might be a good candidate, post em quick, like in the next week. The catch, though, is it has to be a color slide, not a negative. A digital shot might work also apparently. I don't know why they won't accept a regular negative, probably something to do with the publishing/printing process. I'm no expert on that. The photos inside the book can be any medium, but we've got those pretty much chosen already.

wayne you too huh? You should go take a look at the route 7 and 8 on washington. Avys kept me from having a decent look the other day but there may be a ribbon thats climbable I believe up what looks like route 8. Then again with the warm temps it may be a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mountaineers Publishing moves in mysterious ways. A SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) of when the 4th edition of the Climbers Guide to the Olympic Mountains would out is before the climbing season of '06. Several proofs have to be reviewed before the presses run.