Northwest Garment and Gear Repair in Fremont

pete_a

Had a blown out leg zipper on a pair of goretex bibs, the zipper teeth had pulled off the zipper backing material...wasn't sure if it could get fixed or not.

Took them first to a well-known repair shop north of the U District...they told me the zipper was toast and it would be $100 to have the entire zipper replaced.

I wasn't willing to spend that much on a pair of Moonstone bibs I'd originally bought for $100, so on the recommendation of some friends I went to NW Gear Repair, the seamstress said she thought she could fix the zipper and that replacement wouldn't be necessary. Picked them up yesterday, cost was $10 and they are as good as new...anyways, thought I'd pass along a recommendation.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would second the recommendation. They do great work and cheap! Its funny as hell to bring your gear into a store front that specializes in little girls ballet and dance stuff! I have had packs and gaiters and rain pants repaired there, all at a very reasonable price. thumbs_up.gif