Another Music Thread

rbw1966

Its that time again. I've got some pretty eclectic tastes but need something new. Lately I've been listening to:

Django

Old 97s

Son Volt

Black Eyed Peas

One of the best compilations I have ever been given (thanks Off)

Raveonnettes

Rage Against the Machine (Just Another Bomb Track!)

Suggestions?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Visqueen - pretty poppy, guitar driven, female lead, a happier Hammerbox....

- Kings of Leon (despite being featured in the Jetta commercial)

I got the new Bright Eyes....maybe I need to listen to it a few more times, but it seems overly hyped. Then again, I never got into Dylan either.

Believe it or not, Midnight Oils greatest hits is a good one to have around. Also, Weezer, Green Album, has treated me well the past few years.

Other recent favorites (i.e. in my CD player now)

Green Day, "American Idiot"

Police, "greatest hits"

Queensryche, "Rage for Order'

Dude, "Midnight Oils greatest hits" must be a long playing single about giving it back eh?

Believe it or not, Midnight Oils greatest hits is a good one to have around. Also, Weezer, Green Album, has treated me well the past few years.

Other recent favorites (i.e. in my CD player now)

Green Day, "American Idiot"

Police, "greatest hits"

Queensryche, "Rage for Order'

Dude, "Midnight Oils greatest hits" must be a long playing single about giving it back eh?

Some of it. Lots of good songs.

They are almost one hit wonders in the US, but have a good long-standing rep pretty much every where else.

Many good albums. Overly-ignored here

Grant Street by Sonny Landreth will blow your hair back. The Damnwell's - Bastards of the Beat came out last summer and it's really not very good but for some reason I can't stop listening to it!

Seems like I've never not listened to "Trace." If I were to get more Son Volt which one would it be?

Michael Franti and Spearhead for a little Hip Hop

Ween for some dementia

John Brown's Body for Reggae

Drive By Trucker's for super edgy hard southern rock - definitely check them out.

You can download tons of free shit from pretty cool acts at archive.org. Unlimited amount of new music to check out - all live shows - most with good to great sound quality. If you're into picking, check out Bluegrassbox.com - more free live music from Del McCoury, Doc Watson and lots of newer bluegrass acts.