some WA pass freshies

lunger

Skied up there yesterday, a lot of powder in the trees to the W of Liberty Bell. However, as the day warmed, anything in more open terrain turned heav-y. Filtered sunshine and occasional flakes--beautiful day up there! Explored the lower bounds of the payoff ratio as it concerns quality turns/miles, but still had a great day.

Despite the warming, the good news is there's a lot of new snow (as evidenced by some slides going off here and there near the hairpin), so when they open the road again (or before), get some!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome. I was up there last saturday 3/26 and it snowed over a foot over the course of the day (that's the day they re-closed the pass). I didn't get to ski much, as I was instructing a bunch of greenhorns, but I did get one run in- the top 100' of which was a solid 3' of dry, fluffy, untrammeled, absolutely perfect powder. It was without question, the best skiing of my life. Sure, there was no base to speak of, but with 3' of the good stuff, who cares?!

Now that there is a base, I think it's definitely time to get after it again.