Where have all the Alaskan Photographers gone?

Kelsey

Hello! Im writing this as a trip report and a question so its allowed to be here :-P right confused.gif

We have a photo contest going on right now which i have posted in the Personal Websites area and were giving away a brand new $200 climbing rope on the 21st of April and we hardly have any pictures submitted at all. Tis kind of a bummer being that it is free to submit and you can submit 2 and all that have to do is be of the Alaskan Outdoors. So if anyone can tell me how i can get more submissions and interest in the contest let me know!!

Ok now to my trip report wink.gif

Skipped class today to hit the hills because it was such a beautiful day. It was a good idea but we still didnt make it to the peak! So again just another set of skinning pictures :roll: One day im gonna get some good use out of this thing in board mode!! smile.gif There was a good snow the last few days which really slowed our progress and unfortunatly we had to turn back because of a time crunch. Doh.

Danes happy to be out (he was driving around town with the googles on as sunglesses. No telling where we were going heh.

wedgeattempt211.jpg

The peak on the left was the objective.

wedgeattempt26.jpg

Breaking through the think stuff. There was a layer of crust underneath the soft stuff that would give away every now and then and make it twice as hard to break trail smile.gif

wedgeattempt28.jpg

Another one close to the last shot. The mountain on the right has killed before. A group of college students had an accident on them and a few died at the same time killing the outdoor program at the college frown.gif

wedgeattempt210.jpg

Objective #2 . But since we never made it to #1 than it really didnt matter!

wedgeattempt25.jpg

Some of the fun to navigate. On the way down we jumped off this just a little to the left of what you can see in the picture with splitmode and no skins. We both ate it heh.

wedgeattempt21.jpg

And that was about it. Unfortuantly nothing to crazy. In board mode the snow was so sticky we couldnt get any kind of speed going with the weak slope and spent another day mostly in skin mode :roll: smile.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic