RIP Johnnie Cochran

skykilo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that wife beating fuck-stick burns in hell. thumbs_down.gif He really was a piece of shit. My eulogy:

THIS DIPSHIT ACTUALLY SAID HE BELIEVED O.J. WAS INNOCENT. NOT SURPRISINGLY, HE TOO BEAT HIS WIFE. FUCK YOU JOHNNIE COCHRAN, YOU WERE A PIECE OF HUMAN TRASH.

wave.gifwave.gif

cochran.jpg

I'll wade into the treacherous waters here....I wouldn't condemn the guy because he said his client was innocent - if in fact he said that (I think his argument was that the prosecution could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that OJ did it).

At any rate, any lawyer, even post-trial is going to say the same thing as Johnnie. He'd be an idiot and would be violating all sorts of ethics rules by saying later on something like "well, that sure was a load of shit I dropped in front of the court".

It might even give the DA enough to re-open the matter and push for a new trial. A pot shot might be more appropriately aimed at the prosecution or the jury. Mainly the jury.

Actually I was several blocks away in Downtown LA from Camp OJ by the courthouse. I had taken a stroll over there the day before and saw the media encampment. F*cking unbelievable. There was a four tiered interview bleacher stand where a guest would basically walk across and then down the steps through about ten different news crews...

Edited by tivoli_mike

It might even give the DA enough to re-open the matter and push for a new trial. A pot shot might be more appropriately aimed at the prosecution or the jury. Mainly the jury.

No. Double jeopordy doesn't allow you to be tried for the same crime twice. I'm not sure what would happen if your lawyer came forward and said that you purgered yourself or presented false evidence.

One thing is certain, without attorneys willing to do whatever it takes to acquit their guilty-as-hell-wife-slashing clients, our legal system would completely fail. Every trial would be a bogus show trial where the state appointed lawyer would get your ass convicted regarless of whether you did it or not.

We should be grateful there are guys like him out there. bigdrink.gif

His most famous line, "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit".

Not long after the trial ended I saw a news program in which they showed various clips of OJ doing pre-game and half-time commentary at various football games. He was wearing leather gloves, and they were obviously way too small for him - not even reaching to his wrist. The reason those gloves in the court room were so tight is because that's the way OJ liked them.

The DNA evidence alone was enough to remove ANY reasonable doubt. I was working downtown in Atlanta when The Juice was acquitted, and every one of the dozen or so black employees in my office was overjoyed to hear that OJ had beat the rap.

At any rate, any lawyer, even post-trial is going to say the same thing as Johnnie. He'd be an idiot and would be violating all sorts of ethics rules by saying later on something like "well, that sure was a load of shit I dropped in front of the court".

I was wondering something similar when the Robert Blake verdict was announced and afterward during that bizarre press conference he was rambling on. I was thinking, what if he walked and of there and said, "Those fuckers bought it. Can you believe that?!?!" the_finger.gif I mean, he can't be retried. Is there anything that could be done at that point??

I know he is trying the settle the civil suit of wrongful death now. A comment like that would obviously spell dome for him. But beyond that, what could the state do?

no...but I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when John Lennon was shot.

December 8, 1980: Outside, playing tennis on my condo courts, in Houston TX. That was a sad day.

On a lighter note, I remember exactly where I was when Reagan was shot (March 30, 1981)...

Bert, a co-worker buddy of mine, and I had polished off most of Juanita's killer pot roast for Sunday dinner, and finished the evening off with desert, (more) wine, and a game of chess. We had decided to both skip work the next day to finish their new deck that Bert and I had been working on all weekend, and since I was too drunk to drive my motorcycle back to the condo, I crashed at their house. Convenient enough, right?

We woke up Monday morning, a little bit hung over, and Bert called in "sick" first. I gave it a few minutes, then called the (same) supervisor. While I was on the phone to Arno, Bert's 4-year-old daughter Katie walks into the kitchen, and in a voice as loud as a foghorn, says, "Mommy and Daddy, why is "Uncle" Paul on the phone?"

While I remember that moment as if it were yesterday, I can't for the life of me remember the lies I told on Tuesday morning... yellaf.gif

When we went to work on Tuesday, we both had to play dumb, like we hadn't heard the news about Reagan, because we were both supposed to have been sick on Monday. Truth was, we said, "To hell with it!" about the deck and watched the news all day.