nutrition question

iain

How are caloric values of food determined? For instance, a serving of shredded wheat might have 200 kcal in it, but I would think your body doesn't see alot of that energy as a lot of it is undigestable fiber. Just wondering.

How do they determine how many calories are in milk? It's not like they can use a bomb calorimeter. Or can they?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I bet there's a room in the basement over at the FDA full of chained-up fat dudes grubbing on pot pies and new ice cream flavors. the resulting indigestion and stool size/consistency leads to an accurate number on the box.

yeah I bet there's a room in the basement over at the FDA full of chained-up fat dudes grubbing on pot pies and new ice cream flavors. the resulting indigestion and stool size/consistency leads to an accurate number on the box.

OMG yelrotflmao.gif

please lord, don't let me hear anything more disgusting this week

OMG yelrotflmao.gif

please lord, don't let me hear anything more disgusting this week

Hey Cory...remember that time up North when...ahhh nevermind. yelrotflmao.gif

ah HAH! trolling successful.

Now there is ammunition when the next thread gets chopped up by the mods. Jury, I present exhibit A, a moderator not only tolerating, but actually encouraging revolting discourse.

iaxx...if you're gonna be that easy....

hahaha! hey there's a reason that *i* am a spray moderator. grin.gif you'll note that they don't allow me much else. fruit.gif

....wait a minute when did we ever ban revolting discourse? damn it...i'm going to have ban myself.

Edited by minx