Infinite bliss

maxthegap

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Professor. You must be the smartest person in Yakima.

You're welcome.

Here, try this: You dismissed minx's post as her opinion and somehow worthless by your standards (see first quoted box in my first post, and the inferred tone), then maxthegap politely stated he was just looking for an adventure (second quoted box), which you pooh-pooh'ed as somehow less than deserving (your statement in the third quote box), at which point I called you on it. You effectively are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The crux of the matter: You can't shit on someone's opinion (minx's) and then expect that everyone is going to honor yours as somehow being better than theirs (your calling maxthegap's climb an exercise in following bolt ladders). That's just plain disingenuous.

Just standing on the sidelines calling them like I see them...

So the Cascadeclimbers Investigation Team has already concluded, from the comfort of their own computers, that IB has been chopped?

Yes. I conferred with my colleagues and analyzed recordings from the secret Infinite Bliss webcam (www.infinitebliss.com) and we have decided it has been chopped. Any evidence that anyone might find in the future, like, say.... lots of bolts in the rock, is mere fantasy. It has definitely been chopped. Although there may exist parallel universes in which it has NOT been chopped. We can't rule that out. Yet.

Thank you for allow CIT to post.

p.s. But seriously, why are there crowbars up there? Did the authors of IB forget to take their tools home with them? Is someone working on a new route? Is someone chopping?

I re-soled my station wagon's fatties with stealth rubber and was attempting the FIRST AUTOMOTIVE ASCENT of IB and got a flat tires on this fat crimp.

I was drunk and forgot my tools when I got done changing my tires.

Thats a wilderness area you're driving in! You're in BIG trouble champ! But since you drove up there already, I'm going to take my car up there this weekend.

Actually, I thought they bolted the thing because they thought it was outside the wilderness area. In which case you would be ill equipped if not approached via 4x4 or atv, and for god sakes take a chainsaw to remove the offending brush and survive a cold bivvy with a real fire...

It still sounds to me like they entered at the base of the slabs, not a few hundred feet higher where the route starts. If the first picture is where they started the route, I think they started climbing way to early. We saw some other guys try the same thing when we were out there. Question for OP: Do you recall hiking up a fairly steep trail for an extended period of time (10min maybe less) after the base of the face first came into view? If not, I think you were off route. If this thing is being chopped, I think it is pretty poor ethics in my opinion. The route represents a substantial effort on the part of the FAists on a face that hardly ever got climbed prior to this route.

I was told that the FS was considering chopping them (which would be quite a precednt, i believe), but haven't talked to my source in a couple months. I'll post details if I hear more.

just because a face isn't climbed before it gets bolted does not mean that it should be bolted.

O_W,

Ab-so-fuggin'-lutely! It almost takes all the venom out of the stinger. rolleyes.gif

I just hope sped does better in court than in this court of public opinion. Ohhhhh, the irony... yellaf.gif

So ... I contradict myself because simply because I disagree with someone else's opinion, then later state my own opinion about something else?

I don't claim to be all that bright, but you logic isn't as clear to me as it is to you and your little cronie. Sorry. tongue.gif