shoulder pain

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out this website:

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/Default.aspx

If you follow the menu on the left and select Patent Information you will get a list from which you can choose articles on the shoulder. I had a frozen shoulder from a climbing accident that neither physical therapy or acupuncture (2 different practitioners) could touch, but this website's exercises and stretches really turned the corner for me.

so I f'ed up my shoulder again.

anyone out there know of a good PT in the south end or rehab exercises

I can do on my own?

Seeing a doctor would be a last resort because every time

I go in to see a pharmacutical rep I end up in debt even

after INS.

You may need more than Vioxx; could be time for surgery. If you have good insurance, see if you can request an MRI; this can be helpful in determining the nature of an injury.

And good luck, 'cause shoulder injuries blow! wave.gif

What did you do to your shoulder? I probably can sympathize; I dislocated four years ago once and it has never been the same again. In the past few years I have probably had a dozen re-dislocations even though I recently had surgery to reattach the labrum to the bone. The joint is still super unstable. If you are going to have surgery, DONT do it arthoscopically. They can miss some of the damage that way. That is what happened to me. I have found in the last few years the best thing to do is make the supporting muscles super strong, because the hard tissue does very little when the joint comes under load. A critical exercise has been internal and external rotator cuff exercises.