Steroids

ChrisT

I think they should be allowed to use whatever they want. Eventually, they'd all explode out of their own skins or melt into a puddle of goo and that would both solve the problem and provide the best counterexample to the boneheaded youths of this country. If the kids are so weak minded as to do *everything* that their sports idols do, well, that's evolution for ya. More room for the rest of us. Personally, I think the governtment should get out of the drug interdiction business and into the drug selling business. It'd certainly bring in the revenues to prosecute more wars and stuff. To buy, you'd have to have a license identifying you as a user (better yet, a tattooed bar code or an implant or something). That way, if you're stupid enough to OD and end up in the emergency ward, the staff will know. If you don't have insurance, you have to go to the end of the line and they'll deal with you.....eventually....one way or another.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back in high school the jocks used to think that me and my longhaired friends were way cool. they liked us cuz, despite being kinda weird and different and all, we knew where to get the good, uh ... "music", as we sometimes called it back then. hahaha.gif

yeh... the jocks in my school were all right. thumbs_up.gif

The worst part of the hearings was the testimony by the families of the kids who committed suicide, possibly related to their steroid use. As a father of two teenage boys, I felt sympathy for them. It is unfair, however, to attribute the use of steroids by those unfortunate young men to Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, or any other baseball player. High school athletes, like other athletes, use steroids for one reason--they work. Those who are inclined to use this short cut to athletic success would do so even if no baseball player ever used steroids, even if Major League Baseball had the toughest rules imaginable for testing and disqualification. You could just as easily blame Arnold Schwartenegger, Ben Johnson, or the old East German track and swim teams for the deaths of those boys. So while my sympathy for the families knows no bounds, I have to ask them this: What did you think was going on when your adolescent son suddenly added a massive amount of muscle? Why did you not do anything about it? At my kids' school and in their non-school athletic functions, it is necessary for parents to sign a release form in order that they may participate. If a parent suspects his or her child of using steroids, it should be simple to say, "Okay, I might not be able to stop you from using them, but I can stop you from playing the sport. Your choice." If the parents who so tearfully testified had taken this step, their sons might be alive.

Am I not getting something here? What exactly is the big problem with professional athletes using steroids? Talk a bout a nanny state rolleyes.gif.

It's illegal to use them - let the law enforcement deal with this.

Congress should have better things to spend their time on. They're just being pulled around by the latest media hype and public "outrage" (some leaders), or worse, are trying to capitalize on the issue to score some easy brownie points. Dumb asses.

The only "congress" Congress seems to be invlolved in lately is the congress of being a bunch of supplicant fuckheads with no spine to tackle anything fucking useful. Fucking goat fuckers. We should fucking nuke DC after we evacuate all the residents. Fucking steroids in baseball?! Who gives a rat fuck what the fuck happens to Mark Mcgwire?

Is this really the level of debate we need to preoccupying oursleves with these days? We have some very serious, fucked up shit we should be dealing with, but hey! Let's hold a hearing on steroids in baseball! None of my friends have said one word about it. How much is it really on the minds of the "Average American", this mythical beast I keep hearing the media prattle on about?

We're doomed. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

The only "congress" Congress seems to be invlolved in lately is the congress of being a bunch of supplicant fuckheads with no spine to tackle anything fucking useful. Fucking goat fuckers. We should fucking nuke DC after we evacuate all the residents. Fucking steroids in baseball?! Who gives a rat fuck what the fuck happens to Mark Mcgwire?

Is this really the level of debate we need to preoccupying oursleves with these days? We have some very serious, fucked up shit we should be dealing with, but hey! Let's hold a hearing on steroids in baseball! None of my friends have said one word about it. How much is it really on the minds of the "Average American", this mythical beast I keep hearing the media prattle on about?

We need something else to obsess about and occupy our empty lives with now that Scott Peterson has been sentenced and Robert Blake was acquited. hahaha.gif

Mcguire getting all misty eyed and trying to mask his shit with "I don't want to rat on my buddies"My lawyer told me if you deny it they will assume you are guilty.Give me a break competitive sports should be all natural no doping it forces some to use the drugs to compete with those who do it . Maguire, Bonds and the rest of them should be banned from further recognition in baseball. Now babe ruth there was a STUD, fall down drunk, stumbling into the park with his big gut and sets the home run record, has anyone seen the before and after picture for maguire???? What a joke...And why would you want to nuke disappointment cleaver

Edited by Dan_Larson

We need something else to obsess about and occupy our empty lives with now that Scott Peterson has been sentenced and Robert Blake was acquited. hahaha.gif

JACKO blush.gifblush.gif

I need to stop reading the news for a little while.

Every time I pick up the paper I want to buy a large caliber rifle and drive to DC to start some "pest extermination" The Senate and congress are out of control lately. Getting mixed up in the Schiavo feeding tube fiasco?

Don't they have better things to do? Fuck, shit is WEAK these days.

And she's gonna testify too!

WASHINGTON, March 18 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives leaders on Friday issued subpoenas to prevent the withdrawal of a feeding tube from a brain-damaged Florida woman in a last-ditch bid to keep the woman alive.

House leaders called on Terri Schiavo, the 41-year-old woman at the center of an emotional end-of-life case, and her husband Michael to appear before a House committee which they said will give her federal protections as a congressional witness.

blush.gif Psychic testimony?

I need to stop reading the news for a little while.

Every time I pick up the paper I want to buy a large caliber rifle and drive to DC to start some "pest extermination" The Senate and congress are out of control lately. Getting mixed up in the Schiavo feeding tube fiasco?

Don't they have better things to do? Fuck, shit is WEAK these days.

The FBI are on their way to your house as I type this. laugh.gif

Some of the gruff guff from you liberal puffs concerning this steroids debate and the intercession of Congress is making me laugh. Keep up the assinine. yellaf.gif

God damn Doc Flash, you and I agree on something. Fuck this is scary. And to the piss ant that said my initial post was irrelevant, go smoke some dope and down a beer maybe you'll feel better. W moon.gif

Fuck them jocks. Let their testicles shrivel to raisin-size, and then they can all beat each other into oblivion with baseball bats in a glorious orgy of peak-level 'roid rage performance!

DIE! boxing_smiley.gif

DIE! boxing_smiley.gif

DIE! boxing_smiley.gif

DIE! boxing_smiley.gif

DIE! boxing_smiley.gif