Anyone seen this movie?

Blake

I vaguely remember catching an afternoon matinee viewing of some mountain climbing movie on Portland's old KPTV channel 12, this was probably 10 years ago at least. I can barely remember anything, but i've got an image in my mind of some kind of tragedy (plane crash?), two main male characters, and a name like "The summit" or "The Climb". Anyone have a clue what this was?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a really bad movie called "The Climb" on TV a couple years ago; it might be the one you're thinking of. It was about 2 climbers who because of a sponsorship or something become partners, despite their very different personalities.

Also, one is black and the other white.

And one believes in Jesus and the other one doesn't. The movie was produced by Billy Graham, I think.

Did I mention that it was really, really bad? Oh yeah, I did.

It was "Journey to the top of the world". My favorite part is where Spencer just grabs on to the rope REAL HARD to stop a fall and the rope cuts into his hands leaving the rope all bloody....

Put ol' Pete Schoening's ice axe belay to shame. cool.gif