Vantage Guide

Headed down to WA for the holiday weekend. From the weather report, it looks like Vantage will be our only bet for dry rock.

Is this guidebook still available in shops? I noticed it's listed as out-of-stock on the REI website.

Thanks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only complaint is that it doesn't use a consistent ordering of routes. Sometimes it is left to right and other times it is right to left. Right to left requires that you flip a bunch of pages whenever you move from one named area to another.

First time there this weekend and I totally agree, so confusing and in my opinion not very well done. Also what's up with the censored names..? So weak whats the problem with pubic hair or dildo? However its an amazing area and I had an awesome time and I was also impressed at how clean it was.

pretty fun

My only complaint is that it doesn't use a consistent ordering of routes. Sometimes it is left to right and other times it is right to left. Right to left requires that you flip a bunch of pages whenever you move from one named area to another.

First time there this weekend and I totally agree, so confusing and in my opinion not very well done. Also what's up with the censored names..? So weak whats the problem with pubic hair or dildo? However its an amazing area and I had an awesome time and I was also impressed at how clean it was.

pretty fun

All the complete route names are in the back of the book with credits for the FA.

The only reason it's clean is because of the work of volunteers. If you want to help keep it that way, come out to help the next time Frenchman Coulee Climbers Coalition has a cleanup. It's usually on a Saturday.