any Xterra owners?

mudmenace

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh what a bunch of pussies there are on this site. Jay was the only one that actually gave consideration to the question rather then going on and on about some other bullshit.

There is a car out there for everyone and for those hippies out there claiming that you should buy a Subaru because of the better good.. shut the fuck up. I own a Subaru AND an X-terra a yellow one for that matter.

I have the Subaru for commuting to and from the city to save on gas cost as well as to be a bit environment friendly. Oh yeah I know already I can ride a bike. I work 20 miles away from home at two jobs that aren’t even close so fuck off.

I have the X-terra because I love it. it is built on a truck chassis so it rides like one. It is well beyond an SUV. The 4 wheel drive action is great. Ours is one of the first ones so we don’t have the supercharged. In my opinion you don’t need it. they are strong enough and go fast enough. You save a tiny bit on the gas without the supercharge. The truck is nice and solid and a lot of fun. I often take friends higher up on the roads they their Subaru’s can go when we are going backcountry. Don’t whine to me about hiking. We all drive as far in as we can and the start our hikes.

So the rest of you that cant get your head out of your ass to figure out that your opinion isn’t for everyone.. we’ll fuck you and your Subaru.

Peace.

So the rest of you that cant get your head out of your ass to figure out that your opinion isn’t for everyone
There is a sweet bit of hypocrisy contained here, Thrill. yelrotflmao.gif

I have a Toyota truck which I got to enhance my he-man image. I also have a Subaru for those moments when I lose touch with my estrogen side. I also have a broken down VW bus to ensure that my granola side is taken care of. I did have a Ford F250 to address the Dick Cheney in me, but I sold it to my dad...it is too expense to please him.

But I can't believe you think it is OK to not have Turbo Charging in you yellow-look-at-me-X-terra!!! Your opinion isn't for everyone...don't forget it!!! Peace.

Gosh what a bunch of pussies there are on this site. Jay was the only one that actually gave consideration to the question rather then going on and on about some other bullshit.

There is a car out there for everyone and for those hippies out there claiming that you should buy a Subaru because of the better good.. shut the fuck up. I own a Subaru AND an X-terra a yellow one for that matter.

I have the Subaru for commuting to and from the city to save on gas cost as well as to be a bit environment friendly. Oh yeah I know already I can ride a bike. I work 20 miles away from home at two jobs that aren’t even close so fuck off.

I have the X-terra because I love it. it is built on a truck chassis so it rides like one. It is well beyond an SUV. The 4 wheel drive action is great. Ours is one of the first ones so we don’t have the supercharged. In my opinion you don’t need it. they are strong enough and go fast enough. You save a tiny bit on the gas without the supercharge. The truck is nice and solid and a lot of fun. I often take friends higher up on the roads they their Subaru’s can go when we are going backcountry. Don’t whine to me about hiking. We all drive as far in as we can and the start our hikes.

So the rest of you that cant get your head out of your ass to figure out that your opinion isn’t for everyone.. we’ll fuck you and your Subaru.

Peace.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

I think everyone should travel by boat. Everywhere. Mandatory boat travel throughout the United States. What makes a car superior to a boat I ask?

In the city, of course, there would be a strict 15hp limit.

I reckon a bright ass yellow X-tra would be an especially fugly ride, but upon close scrutiny the brillance of retina burning color scheme is revealed. Follow the logic...in the rainy gray PNW, much as the "happy yellow" flies on tents keeps you from strangling your tent mates, the double yellow line worthy X-tra paint scheme keeps you from driving off the bridge to end it all after an endless rainy depressing Seattle winter.

Easier said for single renters than people with homes, families, etc.

I do rent, but that doesn't mean I'm not qualified to say that folks ought to make an effort to live closer to their jobs or near mass-transit (yes, for the greater good). I've known plenty of people who've managed to find homes in places that don't force reliance on a car. All I'm saying is that it's surprising to me how little this plays into most peoples' decision-making process when they're deciding where to live.

And before Thrill or someone else tells me to fuck off or whatever...I'm not saying don't live out in the sticks or the suburbs if that what you want. Drive 20 or 100 miles to work every morning and evening if that's the lifestyle you enjoy. But maybe if you care about the fact that oil is a finite resource, or that we're heating up the planet and melting the glaciers and polar ice caps and so forth, you could take a minute and think about some ways that you could reduce your impact on the environment.

This isn't meant to be judgemental. We're all part of the car culture, myself included.

I do rent, but that doesn't mean I'm not qualified to say that folks ought to make an effort to live closer to their jobs or near mass-transit (yes, for the greater good). I've known plenty of people who've managed to find homes in places that don't force reliance on a car.

I've tried to find a job closer to my home. In fact I moved to my home 7 years ago to be closer to a job. In order to do this again, and keep the same quality of life, I'll need to have a mortgage that is 150-200K higher, plus pay closing fees, and all that other fun shit. Moving is not so easy, and who's to say that I will not be out of a job 6 months after moving and have to commute again?

So move closer to your job, fuckhead

It's amazing how few people even consider this option.

I agree, to a point. It sucks if you have to change jobs and can't find one close to home. I can appreciate not wanting to uproot your kids. However, when my wife and I bought our house we specifically chose a neighborhood that was close enough to downtown Portland for me to bike to work yet close enough where she wouldn't have to drive very far.

It can be done.

I agree, to a point. It sucks if you have to change jobs and can't find one close to home. I can appreciate not wanting to uproot your kids. However, when my wife and I bought our house we specifically chose a neighborhood that was close enough to downtown Portland for me to bike to work yet close enough where she wouldn't have to drive very far.

It can be done.

Depending on your industry and career, it is possible to face a lot of instability and changes.

2 jobs back, our site closed and everyone was laid off. The best job I could find was twice as far... with a promise of relocating the entire site within a year. I considered it a temporary job until I could get something better and more permanent. Took a year and stilll I've got a 22 mile commute, and I'd hardly call it "stable".

At least I don't have to commute 2-3 hours a day. There are plenty of people out ther doing that...