[TR] Coleman Headwall - 3-13-5 - Coleman Glacier Headwall 3/13/2005

OlegV

Hard to guess what the Max slope angle was, but I was certainly needing to swing overhead in a couple of spots, so I'd guess 60+ degrees, and as gentle as 45 degrees in spots.

Nice meeting you all up on the hill. Bit of a small world, eh? Actually, I'm surprised we didn't see more people, with the goregeous weather. I was quite surprised to have the route to ourselves.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"And Dru, you'll be happy to know that we met a fine group of Canadian skiers Sat. night around 8 pm as they were descending the mountain after summiting shortly before sunset. They skied up to our tent after I turned the headlamp on after hearing them scraping their way down the icy slopes of Heliotrope Ridge. They were all smiles after a pretty long day, with more to go. Of course I'm just jumping to conclusions about them being Canadian, but with the core ski day, as well as all the "eh's" and talk of centimeters and beer, I'm just assuming...."

Atomic,

That was myself and my climbing partner, we could see your headlamps all the way from below the col. The slopes below the coleman glacier were great for skiing, a real surprise as the rest of the mountain was breakable shit. And yes, we are Canadian. Beer and the metric system is the shit!