54 members have voted

1. 1. Should I?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I climbed ‘Tangled Up Blue’ yesterday along with some routes in the schoolroom. The ice is in beautiful shape. The last two days have been cold, with highs in the low 30’s and lows around 10. Any ice that is shaded is great, probably the best all year. The down side is that any route that gets sun is rotting out or already gone. Ultimately it is the sun, not the temps that will destroy the ice. If you are coming to the park to TR stuff you should have a blast. The lead stuff is getting more interesting but still doable. The area below the lower bridge is the only area that I would not climb in, it is pretty melted out. The Five Fingers are in good shape along with the Schoolroom, New Funteer and South Park. The locals are saying that the ice should stick around until the end of March, beyond that, the sun starts baking the tops out on all the routes.

If you do come out, bring rock shoes. The perfect day is to climb ice in the morning and south facing rock in the afternoon.

*the attached photo was taken last week*

443912-leadarea3-07-05.jpg.424dd20cf7d00ed7be8da7ea300248b2.jpg