Suiattle and White Chuck river roads

JoshK

1.) Do you think the suiattle river road is drivable to downney creek? I was imagining so due to the rather unimpressive snowpack this year.

2.) Did they ever fix the white chuck river road to get to the south side of glacier peak? If so, any clue if this is drivable?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A1: yes

A2: no

Best, quickest route to south side of Glacier Peak is now via North Fork Sauk River Trail to White Pass.

That trail to White pass is gorgeous. I have been that way before. Paul, any clue if that trailhead is accessible, or close to accessible?

Road 49 - access to N. Fork Sauk Trail is snow free. The entire area is basically snow free up to close to 5000 feet. Looked like you could almost get up to Boulder Basin before you would run into serious snow. Unfortunately, the road is washed out about 4 miles from the trailhead just after Lost Creek Ridge. You might be able to get past it with a *really* high clearance vehicle.

Klenke,

I'm pretty sure the wash-out happened in the past month (either that or the snow was covering it back in December). Info on it is up here.

It's not a particularly bad washout, so the FS should be able to fix it - unlike a lot of 2003 flood damage. Though there is now a stream cutting the road in half.