• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Alpinfox

Washburn photo of Ruth Gorge?

Howdy you Alaskans,

Last summer in the library in Seward, AK I saw an aerial photo of the Ruth Gorge with Denali in the background. I really liked it and wanted to get a large print or poster of it. It was a Washburn pic, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find, but I have had no luck.

Anyone have any advice on how to

1) figure out what picture that was? (I believe they are numbered or something?)

2) get a copy of it??

Thanks.

I don't think that is the one, but its close. I'll check out that gallery and see if I can find it. Thanks for that link.

You'd think the U of Alaska has it's shit together and they have the thing online? Like me you probably thought that they'd have got their act togather and put a load of thumbnails up so you could see what you were getting. No such luck.

You have to call them up and get them to send you a list of photos with really terse descriptions and then you pick some off that. Lame.