Liberty Ridge Mid-May- Route Questions!

Fuggedaboudit

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello capitalists!

Just because you're a local doesn't mean you know more about liberty ridge and have more experience.

I love that Pacific Northwest climbers attitude: We are the best. Bottom line is, who the fuck knows what conditions are going to be this year, but some must have a crystal ball.

Thank you for allow me to post.

Hello capitalists!

Just because you're a local doesn't mean you know more about liberty ridge and have more experience.

I love that Pacific Northwest climbers attitude: We are the best. Bottom line is, who the fuck knows what conditions are going to be this year, but some must have a crystal ball.

You're right. I don't suppose that living near the mountain yields any more information. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hello capitalists!

From reading S&R reports over the years, there does seem to be a theme of people coming from other parts of the country either underestimating the route, their abilities, and/or trying to rush a summit bid instead of taking the mountain on its own terms and waiting for a favorable weather window.

As for the "crystal ball", isn't that how the thread started? When someone asks how it will be in the future, that naturally sends up warning flags. The mountain makes its own damn weather and conditions change daily.

From reading S&R reports over the years, there does seem to be a theme of people coming from other parts of the country either underestimating the route, their abilities, and/or trying to rush a summit bid instead of taking the mountain on its own terms and waiting for a favorable weather window.

As for the "crystal ball", isn't that how the thread started? When someone asks how it will be in the future, that naturally sends up warning flags. The mountain makes its own damn weather and conditions change daily.

Yup... and it looked kinda grumpy this morning.

The "non-refundable airline ticket" coupled with "... but it was my only time free" does seem to be a underlying issue with a lot of mishaps on that route, if you look deep enough for a root cause.

Not passing judgement... just saying that different people climb in different ways. Some on the mountain's terms, some on their own. Unfortunately, the mountain usually wins.

Let's send these groups some good thoughts this weekend and hope they have nothing but good stories to relay.

-kurt