Year you started climbing.

Skeezix

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

E-Rock, may I suggest that you refrain from making such obscure geographic references like "the east coast," when addressing DFA. I doubt he has really ever travelled far from Portland, nor climbed anywhere besides Smith Rock.

Hey, pal, the Doctor has climbed in the Lower AND Upper Gorges as well.

Psh. rolleyes.gif

are those areas any good?? confused.gif

Edited by RuMR

E-Rock, may I suggest that you refrain from making such obscure geographic references like "the east coast," when addressing DFA. I doubt he has really ever travelled far from Portland, nor climbed anywhere besides Smith Rock.

Psh. rolleyes.gif

Totally. Lots of bolts. There are some trad routes nearby, and occasionally some of those trad climber types all a-tangle with slings and breathless with excitement over their latest siege of a 5.8, but otherwise it's pretty rad. Not as rad as the mudpile, of course, but the approach is short and flat, so that's a plus. You can just walk to the top of the crag and drop your pack to the bottom, and scramble down unencumbered, which is good when you're in flip-flops.

If you're "annoyed" by Dr. Flash Amazing's communication style, perhaps you should be looking inside and asking what it is about you that keeps you from being accepting of other people's traits that are different from your own. Perhaps you're too caught up in seeing how you "measure up" to the other guy, and, in your failure to "keep up with the Joneses (or the Dr. Flash Amazings)," you've lost sight of the fact that it's OK just to be you.

DFA's not here to judge or put down, but to help. You could start returning the favor by employing some humility and respect, for yourself and others. Just a suggestion; we're all trying to get along, here.

wave.gif

If you're "annoyed" by Dr. Flash Amazing's communication style, perhaps you should be looking inside and asking what it is about you that keeps you from being accepting of other people's traits that are different from your own. Perhaps you're too caught up in seeing how you "measure up" to the other guy, and, in your failure to "keep up with the Joneses (or the Dr. Flash Amazings)," you've lost sight of the fact that it's OK just to be you.

DFA's not here to judge or put down, but to help. You could start returning the favor by employing some humility and respect, for yourself and others. Just a suggestion; we're all trying to get along, here.

wave.gif

WTF!!! I'm just trying to help you out and you've got to go all ape on me? Maybe I enjoy being annoyed, and was just giving you some tips so you could diversify. You've really got to step back from your narrow-minded perspective and give life a chance. It just seems to be passing you by. Think about the First Person as just another tool to add to your amazing doctorial arsenal...open up and expand your horizons.

My first pair of climbing shoes was a pair of hand-me-down EB's from my mom. How 'bout that!

That's funny, Spesh, 'cause your mom is something of a hand-me-down in the PNW climbing community, the way DFA hears it, and we ain't talkin' EBs, either.

OMFG!! AHAHAHAHAHA

wave.gif

WTF!!! I'm just trying to help you out and you've got to go all ape on me? Maybe I enjoy being annoyed, and was just giving you some tips so you could diversify. You've really got to step back from your narrow-minded perspective and give life a chance. It just seems to be passing you by. Think about the First Person as just another tool to add to your amazing doctorial arsenal...open up and expand your horizons.

hey hey that chimp goin' apeshit on that dude and rippin him apart gives new meaning to the term "apeshit", huh??? crazy.gif

Psh. rolleyes.gif

Totally. Lots of bolts. There are some trad routes nearby, and occasionally some of those trad climber types all a-tangle with slings and breathless with excitement over their latest siege of a 5.8, but otherwise it's pretty rad. Not as rad as the mudpile, of course, but the approach is short and flat, so that's a plus. You can just walk to the top of the crag and drop your pack to the bottom, and scramble down unencumbered, which is good when you're in flip-flops.

and its nice to climb to the sound of wind chimes (from dangling hexes), eh?!

Course havin' to listen to special gettin' romantic w/ his goat/sheep sorta ruins the ambience...

hey hey that chimp goin' apeshit on that dude and rippin him apart gives new meaning to the term "apeshit", huh??? crazy.gif

That chimp, which is a monkey by the way, tore an old man's testicles right off of his body.

That's an impressive feat of grip strength!

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y