back from the climb, still light, what to do?

layton

do you...

-check you email like you check your fridge constantly like food will magically appear if you keep opening it

-finally read the olympic mtn forum for the 1st time

-post a TR asap

-HATE THE SUN with all your heart

-Wish it would start raining immediatly

-Hope noone else got out

-get manic depressive, then look at guidebooks to ease the pain of mtn separation

-are exicted for about 10 seconds to be home

-push the messagse button on the machine even though it says zero

-dump all your shit in a big festering pile with wet socks, fermenting drink mix, and uneaten salami on the bottom of the pile to deal with the night before the next climb

-post this email

-HATE EVERYONE who is going about their day outside, walking aroudn smiling about how nice it is outside while they drink their Venti lattes

-go in the closet, drink beer, and read childrens books with the shades pulled tight

-wish you stopped at the grocery store that was easily on the way home

-wonder what store all your old girlfriends are shopping in with their boyfriends currently

-wonder what other people do on a weekend??? what do people do?

-wish you did those dishes and laundry

-wonder what's on the tube?

-enjoy and refreshing ice cold Pepsi!! Ah Pepsi, the taste that truly satisfies! Pepsi, the choice of the neXt generation! bigdrink.gif

ahhhhh the post climb depression! how sweet it is

Edited by michael_layton

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bigdrink.gif to post climbing depression....

Sometimes it is the most surreal thing to drive home with the setting sun in the rear view mirror. The feeling of wholeness envelopes as the song on the radio makes perfect sense, and for once this little life is complete.

Sometimes it is tension and anxiety as the music just isn't right, and the fucking commentary is annoying the fucking shit out of me...fuck. The fog has rolled in and the views that were wipped out in the storm have all but cast into shadow as the soft fog has erased all memory of the failure.

Sometimes it is just dark, and the lights of on-coming traffic are the only real things that exist. Even they seem insignificant in this huge place, as all feeling has been taken or lost, and emptyness replaces it.

Life always seems to go on, sometimes it takes a few days, and sometimes it takes a bit longer. But life always goes on.... bigdrink.gif

Nick

i was gonna say --- it didn't sound like post climbing depression but wishing you had climbed confession.

i too dislike thinking about the other ones when i'm not gettin' it. i was going to get on all the stuff i've neglected for the quarter (school work all weekend? that would be a big FA for me), so I gladly took up work$ opportunities instead - good way to not feel 'bad'.

ahhhh.... self loathing... maybe i'll come hijack you one of my 4-day wkends this spring - if my girlfriend doesn't mind (oh wait - girlfriend? that would be an FA, too).

cheers to you - yellaf.gif post.