[TR] patagonia- photos 12/17/2005

Climb: patagonia-photos

Date of Climb: 12/17/2005

Trip Report:

I arrived in Puerto Natales, Chile to work as in Torres Del Paine National Park, as I had done the year before. Things all went as planned except for a broken foot, broken rib, drunken nights in whore houses, and a forest fire... I worked and was able to have time off to take some good trips to Argentine Patagonia. Untill there was a fire in the national park, wich thus became closed and I was out of work, for the meantime. I didnt want to sit around and waste my money drinking and buying food so I came home early. I took some pictures a long the way, thought I wish I had taken my camera a lot more, here they are...

5913IMG_0325-med.JPG

first i kicked my first day off cragging on the shitty sandstone close to town, not knowing i'd break a foot, but that wasnt to be the only break on the trip. in this photo is restovich leadin up this crack with a rotten bolt at the top.

5913IMG_0330-med.JPG

this is elsa she broke here finger when top roping that same route and a 60lb block broke off

5913IMG_0331-med.JPG

carlitos on a shitty 3 pitch sport climb

5913IMG_0332-med.JPG

restovich belaying

sat around for almost two weeks, worked a trip then went to argentina to try and climb a route on media de luna behind el mocho, 9 days at base camp no weather luck, so i had to go back to work, these pictures are from this trip

5913IMG_0495-med.JPG5913IMG_0494-med.JPG

small break in weather on the second day

5913IMG_0516-med.JPG

bouldering close to base camp

5913IMG_0539-med.JPG

heather baer, fredrico pizani, steve schnider and dean potter discuss the weather

5913IMG_0520-med.JPG

base camp fun

5913IMG_0531-med.JPG5913IMG_0534-med.JPG

dean potters revenge against the huber brothers

5913IMG_0522-med.JPG5913IMG_0523-med.JPG5913IMG_0526-med.JPG

from one attempt on the route

5913IMG_0548-med.JPG

alex huber on the dead cow boulder close to the town

5913IMG_0550-med.JPG

bean bowers on the dead cow boulder

5913IMG_0543-med.JPG

steve and his wife

5913IMG_0596-med.JPG

went back to work a while again took one picture, this is of el cuerno pricipal in paine with two people i worked with

went back to chalten argentina, to just crag around for a few days. the weather would have been amazing for anything on fitz roy or cerro torre. wich there was much success on. we climbed what we belived to be a new route outside of chalten and cliped some bolts.

5913IMG_0688-med.JPG

5913IMG_0690-med.JPG

daniel on the 1st pitch of our route 5.7

5913IMG_0696-med.JPG

us on the belay ledge

5913IMG_0680-med.JPG

martin clippen up a 6b

5913IMG_0675-med.JPG

perfect weather on the drive in

then a tourist started a fire in the national park wich was then closed for 6 days wich resulted in a cancelation of two groups of mine. running low on money i decided to come home early. i have some pictures of the fire i can post when i scan them.

Gear Notes:

all sorts

Approach Notes:

all sorts

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...