Rainier?

JackY

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Kautz is a good alternative. It was not icy mid-July last year, but this year may be a whole new ballgame. Using the search engine on this board will also provide you with lots of info. on any route you are considering. Good luck!

I remember reading climbing reports in late 2003 that said the only teams making it up the glacier were those that climbed into, and then back out of, crevasses that blocked the way.

The Tahoma wasn't too bad at the beginning of July last year, but I think by the end of the month it would have been difficult to pass. And this year....well, let's just say it's going to be an early season.

This year isn't over yet. We could still get some lucky snow. Go to: http://www.skimountaineer.com/CascadeSki/CascadeSnowNWAC.php

and comapre the 80-81 season to this one and then to last year. 80-81 started bleak but ended reasonably close to last year. Plenty of time to build some strong snow bridges (as opposed to the weak ass ones like I punched into last weekend hellno3d.gif )

keep your fingers crossed.

laugh.gif