Misc Guidebook Questions

rr666

I end up at Vantage, Exit 38, and Exit 32 a few times a year, yet I only have the old Smoot Climbing Washington guidebook, and the even older Vantage pamphlet from 1995. I am thinking about forking over the dough for the real guidebooks, cause I am running out of stuff to climb and know there is a bunch of new climbs out there not covered in my guides. Does anyone know if updated versions are in the works for any of these places. I would rather wait 6 months or a year rather than fork over the dough and still have an 'old' guide, considering I only climb at these places occasionally.

Thanks,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are guidebooks for all of these places individually. Some old former Cascade hardman qua burnout named Jim Yoder and his wife have a relatively new guidebook for (disad)Vantage(d) and some retired Microsoftee / nerd-type dude named Garth has a way too detailed guidebook out for the Si area.

I've seen those Mt Si/Exit 38 guides - impressive books for those small areas. I guess those are not too old. I thought I had heard rumors of a Vantage update in the works. Or is going to be out the same time the new Smith book will be out?